Vegan and Vegetarian Brownies
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts
August 28, 2018
Read More Comments
I really like cooking low fat vegan because not only is it 'guilt free' (though I've never understood the idea of feeling 'guilty' for eating) but it actually makes me feel OK or good physically vs. regular brownies which leave one feeling bloated, heavy, etc. I found this recipe at the site Vegan Envy. It is super easy to make and tastes great.
- 1 can beans
- 7 oz dates
- 2.25 cups hot water
- 1 cup fruit (I used peaches which is what I had)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2.25 cups oat flour
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used chocolate covered almonds)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking dish.
- Grind oats in food processor to create oat flour.
- Cover dates in hot water and let sit for a while.
- Then after making sure all pits and stems are removed, add mix to food processor with remaining water.
- After proper blending the dates and water, add beans and all remaining ingredients to food processor, except for the chocolate chips.
- When blended well, add 2/3 of the chocolate chips and blend a bit until they break up some.
- Spread the batter flat into pan. Sprinkle remaining chips over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly puffed and top is firm.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 174 Feedbacks
June 17, 2009
This is for those who like fudgy brownies, and it is so easy. Drain and rinse beans well. Puree beans and one cup of water in blender until smooth. Add to brownie mix and stir till combined.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.