Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

By aline winters 1

I want to know if you have the recipe for making Tame cream rinse or shampoo? I would also, be interested in where I can buy it cheap. It was popular in the 1970s and 1980s. Thanks.

Aline from Alamogordo, NM

Filter Sort

thr522587 Flag

There are a couple of recipes below in the ThriftyFun archives.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jessica 1 Flag

I found it at a dollar tree in bright pink bottles

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Linda 1 Flag

I found the 2-in-1 Tame shampoo/creme rinse at Dollar Tree in bright green bottle. Didn't see any separate shampoo or creme rinse. But at $1.00 a bottle you can't beat the price!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Question: Using Tame Rinse for Tangled Hair

Does the recipe for Tame cream rinse detangle hair? Mine is awful and I can't go to the Dollar tree and get it, because I need to use dandruff shampoo.

By Julie H

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By ladyjane 6 11 Flag

After you shampoo, use any creme rinse or conditioner you like. Then, mix 2-4 Tbsps. cider vinegar into a large cup of water and pour it over your scalp. Gently rub in and let sit for a minute before rinsing with warm water. This should help your dandruff and let you use whatever rinse or conditioner you like.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

Can anyone tell me how to make a creme rinse like Tame? Regular conditioners make my hair oily?

Thanks,
Marie from Petersburg, VA

Feedback:

RE: Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

Use any good conditioner. Put about 1 ounce (2 T) in a pint spray bottle; fill the bottle with distilled water, shake well, and use as a spray-on, leave-in conditioner. It will be very lightweight, and one bottle of conditioner can last a year, easily. (06/16/2007)

By Vix

RE: Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

I loved Tame Creme Rinse. I've tried to find it even online with no luck. Here is something my mother used to substitute when I was a child when we ran out of Tame. She would put about a teaspoon or two of liquid fabric softener (no I can't remember which one she used that long ago) in a cup of warm water and stirred it up. Then she would pour it over my hair after shampooing. It worked nearly as well as the Tame and my hair did not turn out all limp and oily feeling like with today's hair conditioners. (11/24/2007)

By Corine

RE: Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

I recently used a sample of hair rinse from Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn that smelled, felt, and worked like Tame. It even said Tame on the bottle. Maybe they will sell to the public. (07/20/2008)

By Patricia S.

RE: Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

Okay. I go to a salon in Columbus Ohio (Rapunzel's long Hair Salon) and they sell cream rinse. It's "wonderful" and very much like Tame (George Michael hair products). A wonderful smell and excellent product. I also love their deep conditioner for repair. They will post product to you if you call them.

Hope that helps and Merry Christmas to all.
614.445.7650 (12/15/2008)

By Gooby

RE: Tame Creme Rinse

Someone in an earlier post correctly mentioned that Gillette bought out the Toni line of products which included Tame Creme Rinse. Guessing that the product still exists in some form, I searched through the Gillette product list under hair care and found Gillette Hydrating Conditioner listed. I bought a bottle and discovered that apart from a new fragrance, the product looked, felt and performed exactly like Tame.

The fragrance is decidedly masculine, but if you can work around that, I think you will agree that this is what everyone has been searching for. The thing I always appreciated about Tame is the fact that it leaves one's hair soft and manageable without depositing residues that sometimes clog pores in the scalp and cause pimples. (02/28/2009)

By Marshall

RE: Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

In response to "Tame", I have done a little research and found a couple things: the first is it can supposedly still be purchased at discounted stores like The Dollar Tree, however, this is from a source-not me; second, the ingredients in Tame are very similar to the make up of White Rain conditioner. Adding natural cinnamon oil (which you can buy in the baking aisle of a grocery store) is the key difference, and again, this is only from a source. But, I am definitely going to try it. (09/24/2009)

By crownfairy

girl with shiny hair
Homemade Conditioning Rinse Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes HairMarch 2, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
Cockatiel
Cockatiel Information and Photos
girl with shiny hair
Homemade Conditioning Rinse Recipes
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:45:41 PM on 10.0.2.162 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestionsAnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings