Tame Creme Rinse Recipe

I want to know if you have the recipe for making Tame cream rinse or shampoo? I would also, be interested in where I can buy it cheap. It was popular in the 1970s and 1980s. Thanks.

Aline from Alamogordo, NM

Anonymous

There are a couple of recipes below in the ThriftyFun archives.

I found it at a dollar tree in bright pink bottles

I found the 2-in-1 Tame shampoo/creme rinse at Dollar Tree in bright green bottle. Didn't see any separate shampoo or creme rinse. But at $1.00 a bottle you can't beat the price!

I have been looking for it myself, & Loves fresh lemon body splash. The latter I found in a pic-n-save in SoCal a few years ago & bought it all. I think since the Dollar Tree has it, you could look at www.dollartree.com and see if they have Tame available anywhere in any of their stores maybe we could find it that way.

I have ordered wedding vases online thru them and they delivered to my Dollar Tree free & in less than a week. Big Lots might be worth doing an online search too cause they get some really "vintage" looking hygiene items. They even sell pregnancy tests, 2 in a box, & fertility thermometers for a dollar!