Cleaning Burnt Pans

By Evelyn Mayer 4 46

How do I clean a scorched pot?

By Evelyn from Savannah, GA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Kadi Dulude 3 3 Flag

First thing I would try is add some baking soda or regular dishwashing liquid and some water. Then boil the mixture for about 15 minutes. I would also gently scratch the bottom with a wooden spoon to loosen the burnt food.

If that's done, pour out the goo and let the pan cool down a bit. Then use brillo pads to scrub away the last burnt spots.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By slee15 8 27 Flag

Lots of good suggestions on here in archive but method I use that works really well and is super easy is to fill the pot above the burn line with water. Add approximately 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup of salt. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Empty the water and the burned on gunk will peel off using just a spatula and your nylon scrubby sponge. Unfortunately if you discolor the outside of a light colored enameled pan the damage is probably permanent. Cleaning the inside is easy and an aluminum or stainless pan can usually be cleaned with steel wool or Brillo pad.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Katie 5 27 Flag

I have always read to pour enough coca-cola soda over the area and let it rest, and recently tried it on a pot I thought I had to throw away, and it worked like magic! After I had let it rest for awhile, I used a brush and it easily came off. I was very impressed! I did scrub it a bit before I tried this and removed most of the food residue, then covered the bottom with straight soda...no water or anything and just let it soak, and presto.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan 8 17 Flag

Put a new or used dryer sheet and warm water and let it soak. Scrub with the dryer sheet. Works like a charm.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesJanuary 25, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Baked On Food in Broiler Pan
Cleaning Baked On Food
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Dirty Pots and Pans
Cleaning Pots and Pans
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 2:46:34 PM on 10.0.1.117 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings