Removing Baked On Cooking Spray

I cannot remove Pam spray residue from a cookie sheet once it is baked on. Food residue can be cleaned with no problem after soaking with soapy water.

By Dee Jay from Clearwater, FL

Soak the pan in hot water with Cascade Liquid for dishwashers for a couple of hours. It should come off.

I have some expensive cookware and the manufacturer help line told me to never use cooking spray on them. They are not the non stick kind. The spray will build up over time and will be very hard to get off I was told. I have some other old non stick skillets and I have to use cooking spray on them or food will still stick. The spray is build up on those I suspect. If I don't cook on low temperatures everything will stick non matter what type fry pan I use. Can't even cook in iron skillets. Very frustrating.

There are certain pans one never uses cooking sprays on but you have to use oil based coatings, like cast iron. I use steel wool and "elbow grease".

And I thought I was crazy wandering what was going on with my pans. It's the spray! I have soaked-boiled went through a box of SOS pads and it's the freaking spray.

Thank for the post because I wont use the spray again. It took for ever to get it off my cast iron skillet and then I had to season it all over again. The spray is gone today.