Applying Texture to Walls

I have a painted sheetrock wall. I was wondering if I can texture it with sheetrock mud. Then repaint it. Has anyone ever done this and was it succesful?

Verue from LA

Yes you can, I had a wall that had lots of scuffs and marks, this hid everything.

You can buy a special roller for this, it is a hard plastic, works great.

I have also used ordinary stencils, apply the mud with a small putty knife and gently pull off the stencil. Then prime and paint. Good for borders.Very durable.

Good luck

yes, all you have to do is get a long nap roller and some sheetrock mud, thin the mud with some water to the consistency of frosting, then roll the wall. then paint as usual.

My sister and I did this in her bathroom, using a trowel. We spackled it on and created a texture she liked. When dry, paint over it.

Yes! Its easy to do. Just thin your mud to the consistency of cake frosting. You can use those expensive paint rollers, or you can go to the dollar store and buy a whisk broom and roller there. Paint swirls into a design. It looks very nice once painted..and it covers everything.