Add Body Oil To Unscented Lotion

I am so excited to share this tip! Every year I request a certain body lotion from Bath and Body Works. I love it, but it certainly isn't cheap. But this year I received the set for Christmas that included the body oil (which I don't really use as much).

Well, I did an experiment - I took a bottle of Dollar Store unscented lotion (Landry is one brand, but you can find many), and I added 2 capfuls of the scented oil, shook it up and VOILA! A nice big bottle of the scented lotion I love. So I will be able to have quite a supply since the I am only using a couple of capfuls of the oil at a time. Of course you can add more or less depending on your preference. Plus the oil adds a little extra richness to the bargain lotion!

By Carol from Landisville, PA

I do something similar. I like lubriderm lotion because I have dry skin but it doesn't smell that good. In the winter when my skin needs even more moisture, I mix lubriderm, a few drops of baby oil and something that smells good. Recently I found a gardenia lotion at wal-mart that smells heavenly. I mix it in a travel shampoo container like one that comes in a small travel organizer kit.

TC in MO

That is such a great idea. I have some small bottles of oils that I bought years ago. I can't remember why but they smell great to me..eucalyptus and patchouli I think. Anyway, mixing a bit with inexpensive lotion will be great so I can finally enjoy them and help my winter dry skin here in Illinois.

Sounds like a great idea.

However I love Dollar Stores and I love them, I have been very careful to see where products are manufactured. I won't buy anything made in India or China. Don't ask me why, I'm probably wrong, but I think other countries' standards are not up to those in the US.

However, I also don't buy produce from other countries either!

Thanks for the great tip too. I'm going to use it with the products I already have.

Using Hand and Body Lotion
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes Hands and FeetJanuary 15, 2008
Homemade Body Lotion Recipes
Homemade Body Lotion Recipes
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway