Using Older Body Lotion

I got an Avon lotion from my mom's store. When I checked, the manufactured date is 2004 2007. Should I use it? I didn't find the expiration date.

Thanks

Best Answer

If lotions go bad they change color, texture or smell. We found a white lotion in our daughters room that turned brown and smelled bad, so we threw it away. If it seems good, then use it

I have used Avon produces for years, some of mine are outdated and I have had no trouble using older produces.

Yes, go by the smell and look. If it separates and goes dark in colour, discard.

Normally lotions have a longer expiration date on them. However, if the lotion is too old it will be discolored and the lotion has a foul smell.

This is the time that the bottle needs to be discarded.

Hi! There should be a little picture on the back of the bottle that looks like a little jar with an open lid. It will have a number on it, like 12 or 24, etc. That means that the product is good for that many months after its been opened.