Using Hand and Body Lotion

Category Skin Care
If you use hand and body lotion you may be looking for tips on using it more effectively. This is a guide about using hand and body lotion.

My grandmother was very careful with her skin she always bought a small bottle of almond oil and added it to all of her store bought lotions. It makes a huge difference in the moisture and can be added to almost any type of lotion.

Add about a teaspoon or tablespoon depending on size of bottle. Just add and shake. Hope it helps!

By Lisa

I bought a tube of cream, but didn't like it because it was too greasy. However, I like a thick cream to combat dry skin in the winter. I remember reading that if you apply any greasy cream (even Vaseline) right after you shower or take a bath, it won't feel greasy or leave any greasy residue. I felt it was worth a try, and it worked. Looks like I will be using this cream up, after all!

You may apply the cream right after you turn off the water, or you can pat yourself with a towel so that you are not dripping wet. The skin must be wet or else this hint won't work.

On occasion, I find myself buying hand lotion, hand cream or body lotions that are too sticky, heavy, or greasy. Instead of tossing them, I use them as foot lotion in my socks when I just want to soften my feet for a few hours or over night. I am not wasting any lotion and the heavy stuff seems to work great on feet.

Source: Me... I am cheap, and hate tossing things out.

By Gingerlilymay from New York, NY

I recently got a sample in the mail for Nivea in-shower body lotion. I loved it so I went to purchase some but was more than I wanted to spend. I was taking a bath the same night and looked over on the shelf next to tub and saw a bottle of hand and body lotion.

You know the kind, we all have tons of it from store (buy 3 get 3). Well, I just put some on me and rinsed it off. It works fine and saves me money and uses up my old lotion.

I am so excited to share this tip! Every year I request a certain body lotion from Bath and Body Works. This year, I received the set for Christmas that included the body oil.

Out of shaving cream, no need to worry, try using body lotion. It has the added advantage of not requiring water, so it makes a good dry shaving cream. This is a guide about shaving your legs with body lotion.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Trying to apply lotion to your own back can be a challenge. Get creative and also try some of the solutions found in this guide. This is a guide about applying lotion to your back.

For what can I use old, thin hand lotion?

Cindy from Reading, PA

Answers

Best Answer

I've put water in almost empty bottles to get every last bit and used it at the end of a shower as a moisturizer. Pat dry.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You can use it as leather balm!

By Thurab Swaheesh (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I also use it in my hair. It is very easy to use. I have short hair so I just blob it out and then apply it.

I use the Lundthan cream but I don't know many people who use it. Try it out! It's also great on my hands obviously.

I have so many bottles of nice body lotion. There is only so much of it that can be used before it loses its color or fragrance. Is there a way to combine the lotion with liquid soap to make a nice fragrant hand soap? Or can the lotion be combined with plain bar soap and put into a hand pump dispenser? Does anyone know the proportions? Thanks for any and all tips.

Karen

Answers

By debbie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

What about donating them to a local women's shelter or nursing home for a tax write off. These are people who need a little TLC.

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Don't mix the lotions together. I tried that once to save space, and the lotion came out with a gritty texture and I had to throw it away!

I got an Avon lotion from my mom's store. When I checked, the manufactured date is 2004 2007. Should I use it? I didn't find the expiration date.

Thanks

Answers

Best Answer

If lotions go bad they change color, texture or smell. We found a white lotion in our daughters room that turned brown and smelled bad, so we threw it away. If it seems good, then use it