Alternative Uses for Lotion

Hand and body lotion can be used for a number of other things, such as removing a too tight ring, styling your hair, or as shaving cream. Read on for more uses for lotion.

I recently got a sample in the mail for Nivea in-shower body lotion. I loved it so I went to purchase some but was more than I wanted to spend. I was taking a bath the same night and looked over on the shelf next to tub and saw a bottle of hand and body lotion. You know the kind, we all have tons of it from store (buy 3 get 3). Well, I just put some on me and rinsed it off. It works fine and saves me money and uses up my old lotion.

For what can I use old, thin hand lotion?

Cindy from Reading, PA

Answers

Best Answer

I've put water in almost empty bottles to get every last bit and used it at the end of a shower as a moisturizer. Pat dry.

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

You can use it as leather balm!

By Thurab Swaheesh (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I also use it in my hair. It is very easy to use. I have short hair so I just blob it out and then apply it.

I use the Lundthan cream but I don't know many people who use it. Try it out! It's also great on my hands obviously.

I have so many bottles of nice body lotion. There is only so much of it that can be used before it loses its color or fragrance. Is there a way to combine the lotion with liquid soap to make a nice fragrant hand soap? Or can the lotion be combined with plain bar soap and put into a hand pump dispenser? Does anyone know the proportions? Thanks for any and all tips.

Karen

Answers

By debbie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

What about donating them to a local women's shelter or nursing home for a tax write off. These are people who need a little TLC.

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Don't mix the lotions together. I tried that once to save space, and the lotion came out with a gritty texture and I had to throw it away!

What can I use hand lotion for?

Answers

Best Answer

There are a lot of uses for hand lotion:

Use to style hair.

Use to grease tools that are sticking.
Use to polish your shoes.
You can use it as a shaving cream.
You can use it to help static electricity.
You can even mix it with tanning lotion.

Best Answer

Things like hand lotion are a great lubricant in situations where, for example, your wedding ring is too tight because your fingers swelled up, or you got a hand stuck in a glass.

It is also useful to peel off stickers off a surface you don't want a sticker on, like Mayonnaise is.

Out of shaving cream, no need to worry, try using body lotion. It has the added advantage of not requiring water, so it makes a good dry shaving cream.

This is a page about shaving your legs with body lotion.

Woman Shaving Her Legs with Body Lotion

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This may sound like a crazy question but, I have a bunch of hand lotion and I was wondering if there uses for it other than the obvious use for it. Is there any other cleaning or conditioning uses for hand lotion?

TIA!
Cookiepom from Owensboro, KY

Answers:

Uses for Hand Lotion

I have a friend who uses it as shaving lotion. Small amounts can reduce static cling on a skirt or even hair frizzies. I would also be curious about other hints. (11/30/2005)

By Lee

Uses for Hand Lotion

Take a small amount of hand lotion and mix with about a teaspoon of sugar. It has a mild exfoliating effect that you can use on your face or hands. Gently scrub, then just rinse off. If you use it on your face, make sure that your skin is already wet. It's a lot cheaper than the premade formulas to soften hands or facial products, and it works just as well. (11/30/2005)

By Wendy

Uses for Hand Lotion

You can also donate it to a nursing home. i know they would love it. Also, a school could probably use it. We wash our hands all day long and hands get very dry. (11/30/2005)

By Sandy

Uses for Hand Lotion

How do you use for hair frizzies, do you have to water it down and put in spray bottle? Curious, I also have a lot of lotions, and frizzy hair. (12/01/2005)

By janice

Uses for Hand Lotion

I use extra hand cream on my feet, it makes them easier to work with when you give yourself a pedicure, and I find foot cream is only needed when you have a problem. (12/17/2005)

By Traylor

Uses for Hand Lotion

I use it in my hair. I don't water it down. I just put some on my hands and rub it in slightly and then run my hands thru the bottom of my hair. My hair is very long and the ends tend to be dry. I find that it helps a bunch. (01/18/2007)

By Kinch

Uses for Hand Lotion

I like your idea but doesn't it build up in your hair? (01/19/2007)

By suzanne

Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 17, 2020
🍀
🐰
🌻

Generated 2020-02-24 08:40:26 in 983 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️