Making an Origami Garbage Bin

This is a guide about making an origami garbage bin. Using the art of Japanese paper folding, you can make an attractive refuse container from recycled paper.

March 13, 2008 Flag

Another neat way to recycle newspapers is to fold an origami garbage bin!

I have only managed to make one so far. Because I don't subscribe to the local newspaper, I made mine from an advertising poster. You can sometimes get free movie posters at the video rental place, they have them rolled up in a basket behind the counter here and are FREE for the asking!

VERY handy little useful origami. If you have a cold your tissues could be thrown there and the whole thing discarded to prevent more germs! In the kitchen it would be handy for peels if you can't compost them! In the craft room or in the CAR! The possibilities are endless!

By melody_yesterday

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

CindyM56 :: the link is directly below the text at the top of the page - (it's blue)

Bette :: I'm not sure but I probably right clicked on the page & copied the link from the pop-up window where it says "properties".

keeper60 :: I bought a wooden tool used to make smaller plant start holders- BUT if you wrap paper around a soup can & then tape the bottom you have a pretty good paper pot without buying the tool!

I would use duct tape on the bottom or sides.

Shosha :: Exactly! That was one of the uses shown on the box my store bought version! For little snack holders you could use recycled cereal box liner! Or for non greasy items pretty scrapbook or wrapping paper to match your theme! Foil too for some items!

The box also showed 2 placed together one topped over the other & secured to make a capsule of sorts of them!

This was such a fun post with such wonderful reader response ! Thanks and hugs back at all!

I am uploading a pic of mine that I made of newspaper before I moved here about a yr ago that I decorated with a small piece of pretty scrapbook paper. I then used a hole punch so I could hang it on my pegboard! The next reply will be a pic of the actual item I bought so you can see it - it's sort of crazy looking!

Top Comment

It's the cold/flu season & the origami trash can is ideal for dirty tissues that none has to touch to dispose of! Just fold it down & toss it in the garbage!

Read More Comments...
Crafts Paper OrigamiDecember 7, 2016
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Origami
Origami Craft Ideas
🎉
🎄