Removing Rust Stains From a Shower Floor

Category Rust
Rust stains can get on the floor of your shower from the water supply or metal cans. They can generally be removed by using the appropriate cleaner. This is a guide about removing rust stains from a shower floor.

We are camping in Ohio and our shower and tub in our camper have some rust from the water on the walls and tub. Nothing I have used so far gets off the rust and soap scum.

By MaryJo from Wooster, OH

Best Answer

I live in Ohio, and before we installed our water system we had a terrible rust problem in the tub for about a month; The Works brand has a cleaner that removes rust etc. It worked easily and immediately! It is in a green bottle. If you can't get that I would try CLR brand.

Best Answer

Bar Keepers Friend works great on rust stains in our shower.

I left my shaving cream on the floor in my shower and now there is a stain. How do you get rust stains out of a shower? I've tried bleach, several bathroom cleaners, and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Brook from Oxford, GA

Answers:

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

Try Oxiclean, moisten the area and the sprinkle Oxiclean, then let it dry and re-moisten it and scrub it away. It has worked with me in the past. I keep a bowl of water in the shower for the dogs and my husband works in a machine shop and sometimes has metal shavings in his hair when he showers. The metal shavings got caught under the dog's water bowl and made rusty spots and I got them scrubbed away by doing the above.

Good luck. If this doesn't work, I'll have to ask my mom how she got the shave can rings off of her bathtub. She uses a very strong cleaner, but I can't recall the name of it. (12/09/2007)

By trbrown22

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

To prevent problems in future slip the shaving cream can into one of those little beverage can sleeve thingies. I use these for DH's shaving cream and I haven't had a rust stain in years. (12/10/2007)

By MartyD

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

I've used salt and vinegar and that has worked for getting the rust off. I also put my shaving can in a plastic container with a hole cut in the bottom.

Dawn

(12/10/2007)

By FFL

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

Bar Keepers Friend will take the stain right off. You can find it in the cleanser aisle at any store. (12/11/2007)

By Elizabeth

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

We went from hard well water to finally getting a water softener. I used "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner in the tub and around both sinks. Took it right off! (12/11/2007)

By Lily 59

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

There is a product called "Whink" on the market that works great for this. (12/11/2007)

By Robin

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

We have well water and there are plenty of cleaners they say will help and don't. I found that Kaboom, if you spray it on and leave it set overnight helps. Also depending on how bad it is you may have to do it more then once, but it really amazed me.

I live near Lake Erie and we have it up North I do not know if you have it in the South. Also, Comet which has bleach in will work also, you wet the shower down wash it with a thick layer work it up into a nice lather and leave the lather set overnight. This will have to take more then one time, but I used Comet till I found how good Kaboom works. Comet takes a little longer. Good luck. I know what a pain that is! (12/12/2007)

By Dar

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

Look for a product called CLR, which stands for Calcium, Lime and Rust. It is specifically formulated to treat all of those stains. Good luck! (12/19/2007)

By Cathy from Townsville, QLD

Removing Rust From Shower Floor

Bar keeper's Friend is the best! It will get rust off of nearly everything. And it is not abrasive, it's a very fine powder, and doesn't smell bad.

Take clear nail polish, and put it on the bottom ring of any metal cans or pots or potions in the bathroom. Allow to dry, and no more rust rings! (You think manufacturers would think of these things, but no. Not paid to think.) (03/10/2008)