Making Sprouts With a Sprouter Kit

I recently bought a second-hand seed sprouter kit, comprising of two plastic ridged trays and a lid, plus a bottom plastic tray. Unfortunately, there are no instructions listed on the box or a leaflet inside. I was wondering if anyone knew of an online site that showed how these work, or even could give me instructions on how I sprout seeds in it.

Cathy from Townsville, Queensland

most sprouters work the same way. Mine is like this..there are little tits inside the trays. one in each. mine has a little thing on top of each one to keep seeds from filtering down into the next tray. the one on top usually is heavier than the trays themselves. then there is a bottom where all the water filters down into. put your different kinds of seeds in separate trays.line up the little (tits)for lack of a better name) one on top of each other. fill the very top tray with water almost to the top and then line it up with the rest of the tits. make sure you have the bottom on. make sure all the little tits are lined up so that the water in the top will filter down and eventually end up in the very bottom. do this twice a day. I also make sure that I wash the seeds once a day at least.

Here are a couple sites you can check out for sprouting seeds.

See if there is a name of the sprouter on it somewhere. Then go to their website. sometimes I have gotten directions by doing this.

Seed Starts by Window
Starting Seeds Indoors
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingMay 23, 2007
Brussels Sprouts in Dish
Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Brussels Sprouts
Growing Brussels Sprouts
Homegrown sprouts on a kitchen table.
Growing Sprouts
Middle School Locker Kit
Making a Middle School Locker Kit