Homemade Moisturizing Lotion Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for a good moisturizing lotion made from everyday items in the kitchen?

Mari from Anaheim, CA

Olive oil, aloe vera gel. Mix 5 parts gel to 2 parts oil. Voila, lotion!

15 oz. bottle baby lotion

8 oz. tube of creamy vaseline

8 oz. jar of vitamin e cream

Mix all together with a mixer or spoon. Buy these ingredients at the dollar store to make a cheap, yet good lotion.

I use straight olive oil to moisturize. It works best if you put it in a small container that will give you a few drops at a time (otherwise you could make a real mess!) and if your skin is damp from a shower or a hand washing, but it works well if your skin is dry too. A little goes a LONG way, and there is no overwhelming perfume smell as with so many store bought lotions.

I have also been known to use a small amount of Vaseline on my legs after shaving....VERY NICE!

I work in a lab, so I'm constantly (20-30 times a day) washing my hands and normal lotions just get too greasy, the OO soaks in quickly and I can get back to work without fear of smudging things.

This sounds too crazy, but I read all these reviews of Crisco!!

Sounds like everyone who used it swears by it!

Here's the link to the reviews posted.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/ ... risco/Unlisted_Brand/Skincare_-_Body

Although I have always had oily skin, now that I am in my mid-50s I find my skin has started feeling dry. This winter I have started using a mixture of cheap moisturizer with olive oil and it is just great. I started using straight olive oil but it just needed something else so I decided to mix it with the moisturizer that I had on hand. Amazingly, olive oil isn't greasy at all and there is no smell once it has penetrated the skin. I don't think I could use this in the summer but it sure is great for winter.

I use sweet almond oil that has vitamin e but you can find almond oil with out the vitamin e. I buy them at the health food store. I wash my face with a gentle cleanser rinse dry my face , take a cotton ball and apply my almond oil. A little goes a long way and it isn't that greasy at all. I've tried a lot of lotions and creams for my face and I either broke out or it made my face itch. So I decided to take a natural approach and it works. I hope this is useful. Thank you have a great 2009 everyone hugs and aloha from Hawaii. Note this might be expensive, but for me it is worth it.

Coconut Oil works great! It's really helped with my children's eczema, too! I buy it from tropical traditions.com when they have the BOGO specials. It ends up being cheaper than commercial lotions in the long run. I keep a container with a lid in the bathroom. It's a solid in the winter, so I let the closed container sit in a little bit of hot water in the sink while I take a shower. It's melted by the time I'm out and very nice to apply warm oil to your skin. It soaks in pretty quickly. I buy the expeller-pressed, so it doesn't leave a lingering smell. Enjoy!

Homemade Body Lotion Recipes
Homemade Body Lotion Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes SkinDecember 29, 2008
lotion bottle
Getting All the Lotion Out of a Bottle
Shaving Supplies
Homemade Aftershave Lotion
Homemade Hand Lotion Recipes
Homemade Hand Lotion
🎉
🎄