Homemade Hand Lotion

Rather than buy expensive hand lotion containing a lot of chemicals and fragrances you don't like, try making your own. This is a guide about homemade hand lotion.

You can buy rose water at pharmacies or health food stores and sometimes Wal-Mart and Target carry it. Glycerin is available at pharmacies and health food stores but craft stores such as Michael's carry it too. You can also add a few drops of your favorite floral essential oil scent if you would like to.

Ingredients

Directions

Place ingredients in a glass or plastic bowl and stir really well. Using a funnel; pour lotion into your choice size of glass or plastic bottles.

By Ann from Richland, WA

I have very dry skin and have bought so many different brands of lotion (some pretty pricey.) This seems to work better than any of them. Enjoy!

Since I had my little baby, I have to wash hands so much more often than any other time. My hands soon became so dry and so chapped. No matter how much cream I used before my night sleep, the second day they were still horrible. Also, cream on your hands is not safe if the baby puts them in their mouth. Cream left on bottles when feeding baby is not safe either.

I apply white vinegar and glycerin blended liquid to both hands, even dry parts of body, the result is much better and quicker. Not only both hands feel better moisturized, they are safe for kids. The proportion between white vinegar and glycerin is 5:1.

By lavender2008 from Toronto, ON

A very simple homemade hand lotion recipe.

Directions:

Combine the two ingredients in an 8 ounce bottle and shake well. Store in a cool, dark place.

Dollar stores often have quality products for a bargain price, saving you even more when you combine them to make your own lotion. This is a guide about Dollar General homemade hand lotion.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How can I make my hand lotion batch not so greasy? I made a some using baby lotion, vitamin E, and Vaseline; it is the Dollar Tree DIY project for hand lotion.

Answers

Best Answer

Normally homemade hand lotion is made out of beeswax, shea butter, and sweet almond oil. Afterwards you add your essence oil to this. Your ingredients are really greasy and even if you cook this, you'll still have a lot of grease in your hand lotion.

Personally, I don't see how you can use products from the dollar tree to accomplish what you want to do.

Best Answer

There are so many formulas to choose from and it seems that everyone has their favorite. Dollar Tree products can be used to make DIY lotions.

• I believe this is the Dollar Tree formula.
  • Dollar Store Lotion Recipe
  • 2 15 oz. bottles of baby lotion, scent of your choice
  • 4 8 oz. jars of vitamin E skin cream
  • 1 14 oz. jar of petroleum jelly
  • Empty all into a large mixing bowl. Using electric mixer beat together well.
  • Did you follow this exactly? If so, you have a large quantity of lotion so it would be nice to be able to remedy the greasy feeling.
  • Ad

• I make other formulas and I use my kitchen Arrowroot Powder to rectify any greasy or runny problem.
  • Arrowroot powder is great to use in place of flour or cornstarch for thickening sauces or gravy and it works well with thickening lotions.
  • If you cannot find Arrowroot, you can use cornstarch but it may not work as well.
  • I buy mine from Walmart - here is a link that has the price and also a list of uses for this powder.
  • https://www.wal  r-16-Oz/38443828
  • Here is a comment from one of the "beauty" sites discussing this subject.
  • You can also use a whisk or mixer to add in a bit of arrowroot or cornstarch. It helps cut the greasiness.