Chester (Mixed Breed)

Chester is still a pup, 4 months old. He is a mixed breed, I'm not sure what. He was a gift from my ex-husband to our daughter.

He chews on EVERYTHING, be it the wall, shoes, furniture, you name it, he just chews away at any old thing.

He is very friendly and hyper!

By Lisa from S.C.

Dog with sunglasses.

Chester is precious, but he needs to be taught to chew on the proper things! Do you give him chew toys and rawhide sticks and rawhide bones to chew on? It's natural for puppies to want to chew, so satisfy that with the right things. Give him a big hug and kiss for me.

Chester looks pretty big at 4 months old. Watch your food bill go way up.

I hope you take him to obedience training so he won't pull you or your daughter down the street.

The age is common for teething, just like a toddler to chew things while teething. Need to train to chew on toys geared for the teething stage.

Hehehahaha! That Chester! He just LOOKS like he is full of vinegar and restin' up for his next adventure! Be smart and get that boy under control. I did that with my boy Webster and I have a really great seven year ole doggie that I adore being around. I had to learn that "I" was the alpha dog and NOT Webster!! Best of luck with your new puppy!! Mitzi

When our Shadow was at the chewing age we gave her ice cubes from the ice maker to chew on. I say the ice maker because they are not as large as ice cube tray cubes. She would chew the cubes and left everything else alone except 1 leather shoe string from DHs boot. Now at 75 lbs she still enjoys a cube now and then & has her other toys from 11 years ago.

Please don't give rawhide sticks or chews unless you can stay with him and watch him. At that age they tend to swallow too big a piece at a time and pups very easily choke on them.

Above all enjoy him, take him to obedience classes so others can enjoy him & so he'll do the things needed to keep himself safe... like come when called or stop when told and walk like a gentleman down the street not dislocating your shoulder. Our PetsMart had great classes very reasonable that we started at about 4 months old.

Mixed Breed Dog
Mixed Breed Dog Photos
Photos Pets DogsMarch 2, 2007
Steamed Mixed Vegetables
Making Steamed Mixed Veggies
Mixed Vegetable Salad
Mixed Vegetable Salad Recipes
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
Identifying the Breed of Your Cat