Removing Dried Urine from Flooring

How do I get “crusted” urine off linoleum? I have been wiping it up every day or it seems that way. But there is a build up on my floor and on the front top of the toilet rim. Granted I don't have to look at it when I pee, but it's gross and I want it off.

By Raven from Sussex, WI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Soak a rag or paper towel in white vinegar, and let sit on the crusted areas over night if possible. Re-wet if necessary. Then scrub well. Repeat if needed. This removes hard water mineral encrustations in my bathroom, and the crusted urine is largely uric acid crystals. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Hi there. A 5 gallon pail made with 2 cups vinegar (any kind will work, but the white kind leaves less of a vinegar smell) to 3 or 4 gallons of water will give you a cleaning agent 2nd to none. I have always used pine-sol for cleaning, but it doesn't do justice to the crusty urine stains. The vinegar and water, left on the spot for about 10 minutes will help your mop suck it right up and rinse away in the tub. Then, of course, clean the tub!

Best Answer

If the other suggestions don't get it of completely, I might try to use a Magic Eraser. I buy the store brand, which work just as well as the major brand. I cut them down to smaller pieces, and throw them away after really gross jobs, but they are also really good for getting tea stains out of mugs and the like. Good luck!

Answer

Toilet in a bathroom.
Removing Dried Urine in the Bathroom
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomDecember 20, 2010
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
Upclose picture of bamboo flooring.
Cleaning Bamboo Flooring
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 11:37:24 AM on 10.0.2.170 in 881 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.