InternetProduct Reviews

GetAFreelancer.com Reviews

Has anyone ever done any work for GetAFreelancer.com?

Patti from Pennsylvania

I have used GAF for a few years. Once in a while, you will get a good coder and a deal, but the site is swarmed with scammers. And once you're being scammed, you will not only waste money, but many weeks or month. Also, when you're in a dispute with a provider, the GAF's getahelpdesk.com staff is completely incompetent, always siding with scammers. Since that way, they don't need to refund the money back. They simply tell you to "resolve the dispute among the parties." But how can you resolve anything with scammers? I suggest not to use GAF unless you're desperate or until GAF will change their TOS to protect buyers.

I have never done work for them but I paid someone to develop a website for me. What a big fat waste of $400. He started out promising all this stuff and how he was going to get it done by a certain date, which he started to do some things but part of the problem with most of these people on there is they are from another country trying to develop a website for the US and I spent half my time emailing him all the things that were backwards. So after almost a year of trying to explain to him what I wanted I gave up. I will never contract through them again.