Coffee Mug Jams

I have a couple of friends that would like jelly but in a small amount, I started doing this years ago. Whenever I make jelly or jam, I always put approximately 3/4 cup in one of those coffee mugs I would really like to get rid of.

I first put 3 Tbsp. of grated paraffin wax in the bottom; pour hot jam into the mug. The paraffin wax will rise to the surface to seal the cup. While it is still fairly translucent, I tuck a piece of cotton string about 3 inches long into the hot wax, leaving half of it sticking out. To use the jam, all they have to do is pull on a string with little effort. The paraffin wax will come off, there's no need to poke, stab or jab to get the paraffin off.

Then I cut a piece of Saran Wrap to fit the top, put a rubber band around it to be sure it stays on. I cover it with the piece of pretty fabric and tie with a ribbon. They have to keep the coffee mug!

By Babbie from Lemon Grove, CA

Coffee Mug Jams

Love your article and idea. Just great.

This is specially interesting as we decorate custom mugs and our company is called:

and we decorate gift coffee mugs in full colors with customer submitted digital image files, digital photos or anything that can be printed.

This is an incredible tip!! The jelly and jam don't end up tasting like wax? How long would jelly preserved like this last?

I'm thinking baby food jars!

Coffee Mug Jam
Making Coffee Mug Jam
Holidays and Parties Gifts FoodJuly 30, 2007
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
DIY Sharpie Mug
Plain white mug for coffee or tea.
Decorating a Mug
Chocolate Mug Cake
Coffee Mug Cake Recipes