Making Coffee Mug Jam

Category Food
If you are looking for a sweet little unique gift for friends and family, consider making coffee mug jam. This is a page about making coffee mug jam.

I have a couple of friends that would like jelly but in a small amount, I started doing this years ago. Whenever I make jelly or jam, I always put approximately 3/4 cup in one of those coffee mugs I would really like to get rid of.

I first put 3 Tbsp. of grated paraffin wax in the bottom; pour hot jam into the mug. The paraffin wax will rise to the surface to seal the cup. While it is still fairly translucent, I tuck a piece of cotton string about 3 inches long into the hot wax, leaving half of it sticking out. To use the jam, all they have to do is pull on a string with little effort. The paraffin wax will come off, there's no need to poke, stab or jab to get the paraffin off.

Then I cut a piece of Saran Wrap to fit the top, put a rubber band around it to be sure it stays on. I cover it with the piece of pretty fabric and tie with a ribbon. They have to keep the coffee mug!

By Babbie from Lemon Grove, CA

Holidays and Parties Gifts FoodApril 17, 2013
😷
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf51017876.tip.html