Coffee Mug Jams

I have a couple of friends that would like jelly but in a small amount, I started doing this years ago. Whenever I make jelly or jam, I always put approximately 3/4 cup in one of those coffee mugs I would really like to get rid of.

I first put 3 Tbsp. of grated paraffin wax in the bottom; pour hot jam into the mug. The paraffin wax will rise to the surface to seal the cup. While it is still fairly translucent, I tuck a piece of cotton string about 3 inches long into the hot wax, leaving half of it sticking out. To use the jam, all they have to do is pull on a string with little effort. The paraffin wax will come off, there's no need to poke, stab or jab to get the paraffin off.

Then I cut a piece of Saran Wrap to fit the top, put a rubber band around it to be sure it stays on. I cover it with the piece of pretty fabric and tie with a ribbon. They have to keep the coffee mug!

By Babbie from Lemon Grove, CA

Love your article and idea. Just great.

This is specially interesting as we decorate custom mugs and our company is called:

Giftmugs.com
and we decorate gift coffee mugs in full colors with customer submitted digital image files, digital photos or anything that can be printed.

This is an incredible tip!! The jelly and jam don't end up tasting like wax? How long would jelly preserved like this last?

I'm thinking baby food jars!