Thrifty Way to Ease Lower Back Pain

Since I pulled my lower back out a few years ago, I have trouble with it now and again. When my back is acting up, it's even impossible to relax in my "evening chair". The simple solution I discovered was to place a square of plywood under the cushion of the chair. What a difference it made!

Now, even when my back hurts, it's a pleasure to sit down. For even better results, slide a heating pad, on low, behind you. The combination of the firm seat and heat works wonders!

By Marie from West Dundee, IL

I'm so happy that you've found something that relieves your back pain.

My Chiropractor firmly believes in using hot and cold on our body, but, he says to ALWAYS end with cold, so, maybe try using an ice pack just until your skin is really cold, about 10 minutes, AFTER you've been using the heating pad. He says that the heat will bring fluid to the area that the heat has been on and you don't want to end the treatment by having extra fluid on the place where you have pain. I hope this will help you even more.

I was born with scoliosis centered in my lower spine and finally had to have major surgery to correct it. An outstanding orthopedist who revolutionised the treatment of scoliosis taught me one of the methods to immediately relieve lower back pain is to lie on the floor with my knees raised and my feet flat on the floor. Pull in your abdominal muscles until the small of your back rests on the floor and hold for a slow count of five. Repeat about 10 times and you will notice immediate relief. Can't lie on the floor? Stand with your back against the wall with knees bent and feet about 5 inches from the wall. Using only your abdominal muscles, slowly pull yourself up against the wall until you are upright with the small of your back against the wall and hold for a slow count of five again. These will not only relieve your pain, but will also strengthen your lower back as well, removing the cause of your pain. This simple excercise helped me avoid the surgery I finally had for more than fifty years. Good luck.

Young man holding his lower back.
Remedies For Lower Back Pain
Health & Beauty Home RemediesNovember 20, 2007
Man holding lower back in pain
Remedies for Sciatic Nerve Pain
Primary Colored Shirts on Clothesline
Making a Clothesline
Rice in a cast iron pan.
Cooking Rice at High Altitudes
Using acupressure on a foot.
Using Acupressure for Foot Pain
🎉
🎄