Keeping My Rolling Backpack Dry

I take a rolling backpack when I go to school (it's a backpack on wheels that looks like the rolling luggage you see in airports). It's raining cats and dogs out there and I am wondering what I can rig up to keep the backpack dry. The heavy text was over $100, the calculator ditto and I want neither to even become damp.

Although I have another backpack on wheels that's a cheapie and wouldn't mind if it becomes wet, I need to keep the contents safe from rain and puddles, many of which I'll be wheeling through. Any suggestions?

I am currently thinking a giant ziploc bag in the interior, but when I put the book back in, I just know that there will be water in it (it's raining that hard). I just wish it would rain over the lake where we get our water supply. The darn thing is something like ten feet down and lowering.

Thanks,
Holly from Richardson, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

1. how about individual zip lock bags for each item?

2. there is a spray on product which makes things water resistant. don't remember brand name, but saw it at Walmart.

Would you be able to make up some sort of "baggie" that you could put over the entire backpack - on the outside, not inside? Maybe cut holes for the wheels to stick through, and then pull the bag right up over the entire thing.

Wouldn't look so great, but at least you'd be saving your investment.

Crochet Rug
Keeping a Crochet Project from Rolling Up
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Wind Yarn with a Hand Mixer
Rolling Up Leftover Yarn
A girl with a backpack on.
Organizing Your Backpack for School
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:39:00 PM on 10.0.0.179 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.