Snack Cup Of Potatoes

contest winner icon

I wanted to do something similar to the twice baked potatoes. I found some seasonal paper drinking cups ($0.25 on clearance) for containers. These cups are the stiff paper ones, not waxy. They are from a party supply store.

First I made a batch of my cheesy spinach potatoes. I filled the cups half way and placed them in a freezer bag, upright, until frozen. Once they are frozen, they no longer need to be upright.

When I am looking for a snack, I just take one out and pop it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Then just stir and eat! It is so good and it doesn't burn in the corners like store-bought! When my husband brings them for lunch, I just place a square of cling wrap and a rubber band to hold it in place! You could wrap the whole cup, it would just cost a little more. Don't worry about any ice crystals, shake them out or leave them in! A satisfying snack that leaves you happy and guilt-free. Enjoy.

What's the recipe for the cheesy spinach potatoes

3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes

2 garlic cloves peeled

6 oz cream cheese, softened

2T butter

1/2 cup sour cream

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1t garlic salt, 1t onion salt

1 package(10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry

Place the potatoes and garlic in large pan; cover with water. Cover pan and bring to a boil; cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. In a mixing bowl, mash potatoes and garlic with cream cheese and butter. Add sour cream, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, garlic salt, onion salt and spinach. Stir just until mixed. Spread into a 2-qt baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes, top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted.

This recipe is from "The Best of Country cooking 2001" given by Michelle Grigsby, Beavercreek, Ohio

Great idea, which can be taken even further with other foods!

Hey I just tried it with green bean casserole and it works too! I would have never thought of using other foods! I am always trying to find quick and easy ways to eat(and serve) green vegetables, Thanks!

I love this idea, Especially because, I thought it would be a great idea when I have my Kids or grandchildren pop in unexpectedly, And I need to cook things quickly for their hungry tummies. These are a great idea. And we all love twice baked potatoes!

Thanks for sharing! :)

Jackie,

From Massachusetts

Food and Recipes Food Tips SnacksMarch 13, 2007
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
🎄