Making a Crochet Saucer and Cup Placemat

Category Ideas
This clever placemat for your coffee or tea cup and a snack plate is quick and easy to make and also would be a fun gift for a friend. This is a guide about saucer and cup place mat.

I often serve just a coffee and small meal so a big place mat isn't practical. I came up with this for one of my year long scrap crafts and thought this might be a good idea for the upcoming holidays.

It's a place mat that is for a saucer and cup, but it's one piece.

Total Time: About 90 minutes

Yield: 1 set per pattern

Source: No, this was an idea I came up with for my charity auction.

• 1 skein yarn of your choice ($2.00)
  • size J hook ($1.00)
  • scissors

1. Chain 24 and make a single crochet in the first chain, then a skip 1/chain 1 and a single crochet in the 3rd chain to the end. This is my favorite stitch, but you can use a solid single crochet across. If you do, you will need to chain 25.

Repeat this pattern till you have 20 rows.
  2. When you get to the end of your first square, continue a chain for 12 then repeat that pattern for 10 rows.
  3. Ad

4. When done, take a complimentary color and border the work with singles in each chain/stitch. I love anything variegated, but this works up well with scraps, too. For the ring, chain 4 and repeat the pattern till you have about 8 or 10 rows and whip-stitch together.
  5. If you or your guests are right or left handed, this simply flips around either way.

This is darling, good job. I will be making some. Good job! :)

You've got my vote!:)

Doesn't that look good!
Marg from England