Making Crocheted Placemats

Category Patterns
Crochet is a great crafting technique to use for making unique placemats for your home or to give as gifts. This is a page about making crocheted placemats.

I design and make so many placemats that I have a template on my computer! When I decide on a theme for a new placemat, I play around with it on the computer. When I'm happy with what I've created, I print it out and crochet from the chart. If you haven't crocheted from a chart before, it's really quite easy, *especially when using my template!

Level: Intermediate, only because there are so many color changes.

Beginners: Double crochet is the only stitch used in this pattern. Give changing yarn colors a try!

Directions:

1. Chain 51
  2. Reading up and down the chart, double crochet each row as marked on the chart.
  3. *Remember* when doing double crochet, the first two chains of the first row are considered the first dc*.
  4. Download Chart:

Have fun!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This clever placemat for your coffee or tea cup and a snack plate is quick and easy to make and also would be a fun gift for a friend. This is a page about saucer and cup place mat.

blue and white ombre crochet mat with cup and small plate

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

These cheerful crocheted placemats use a technique called foundation single crochet to make a chainless foundation. This technique can be used without counting stitches.

This is a page about making fall themed crocheted placemats. The colors of autumn make a perfect crocheted background for all kinds of fall centerpieces.

Crocheted placemats in Fall colors.

This is a page about making crocheted tulip placemats. A cheerful pattern for a springy placemat to decorate your table.

Red tulip pattern placemats.

Crafts Crochet PatternsApril 22, 2014
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Crocheted-Placemats.html