Making Crocheted Placemats

Category Patterns
Crochet is a great crafting technique to use for making unique placemats for your home or to give as gifts. This is a page about making crocheted placemats.

I design and make so many placemats that I have a template on my computer! When I decide on a theme for a new placemat, I play around with it on the computer. When I'm happy with what I've created, I print it out and crochet from the chart. If you haven't crocheted from a chart before, it's really quite easy, *especially when using my template!

Level: Intermediate, only because there are so many color changes.

Beginners: Double crochet is the only stitch used in this pattern. Give changing yarn colors a try!

Directions:

1. Chain 51
  2. Reading up and down the chart, double crochet each row as marked on the chart.
  3. *Remember* when doing double crochet, the first two chains of the first row are considered the first dc*.
  4. Download Chart:

Have fun!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This clever placemat for your coffee or tea cup and a snack plate is quick and easy to make and also would be a fun gift for a friend. This is a page about saucer and cup place mat.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

These cheerful crocheted placemats use a technique called foundation single crochet to make a chainless foundation. This technique can be used without counting stitches.

This is a page about making fall themed crocheted placemats. The colors of autumn make a perfect crocheted background for all kinds of fall centerpieces.

This is a page about making crocheted tulip placemats. A cheerful pattern for a springy placemat to decorate your table.

Crafts Crochet PatternsApril 22, 2014
🎂
🌻
📓