Homemade Placemat Ideas

Category Kitchen
Making your own unique placemats is a great way to use your craft skills. This is a page about homemade placemat ideas.

Recycle Christmas cards to make a Christmas placemat!

Approximate Time: 30

Instructions:

You now have a beautiful Christmas placemat that you can bring out each year and remember who sent you Christmas greetings!

By Tonya from Louisville, TN

For a western-themed party, cut out the thigh areas of old blue jeans and sew them into placemats. Be sure to keep the pockets intact and sew them on the placemat for the insertion of silverware.

By Bobbie from Imperial, NE

My husband brought home these denim placemats because he liked the pocket for the silverware. I scurried to my "resource" center and got out some material and made 1 inch red bias tape for the edging. Then I found the "heart" material in another "resource" box. The place mats are 15 inches by 19 inches. If your machine (like mine) will never be able to sew a denim pocket on a placemat because of the thickness, you could use a shirt pocket or just make a pocket. A while back one of our "thrifty" group suggested always using cloth napkins. Along the way I have now collected a large, varied assortment of designs. These placemats could be given for gifts at any holiday or a housewarming present. Great for picnics! Enjoy!

Approximate Time: one hour

Instructions:

Either buy or cut out material to hem to 15x19 inch. Sew a denim pocket or something just as pretty to the placemat. Start embellishing!

By Tedebear from San Jose, CA

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Save money by overlapping two square napkins to form a rectangular placemat. Napkins were 25 cents a pack.

Use Napkin as Placemat

I am going to get some clear contact paper and cover my daughter's pictures that she drew and colored. I am going to use these as placemats.

I will border the sides of the paper with ribbon if I find the right color.

Make a stack of colorful crocheted yo yos and then arrange and tie them together to make pretty and useful placemats. This page contains a crocheted yo yo place mat pattern.

Crocheted Yo Yo Place Mat

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

These cheerful crocheted placemats use a technique called foundation single crochet to make a chainless foundation. This technique can be used without counting stitches.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about making crocheted placemats. Crochet is a great crafting technique to use for making unique placemats for your home or to give as gifts.

Tulip Placemats

Crafts Home Decor KitchenApril 4, 2013
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Placemat-Ideas.html