Purchasing A Look-a-like Doll

How do I purchase a doll that looks like my children?

Lamia from Lansing, Michigan

www.mytwinn.com is a pretty big name, and they're about $140. They have an even bigger price tag once you get all the accessories.

American Girl dolls give you several options for faces, skin tones, and hair color with a smaller price tag of about $90.

www.lookalikedolls.com for a porcelain doll, and a whopping $400 price tag.

Good luck finding a doll! I've been trying to talk myself out of one for my daughter.

Oh, and I can't remember the company, but you can send in a photo of your child's face and they'll scan it onto cloth for a cloth doll for less than $40.

My daughter received a "MY TWIN" doll when she was a little girl. The likeness wasn't all that great, but I don't know of any other firm that makes them.

As a Mom whose children have had both My Twinn and American Girl dolls, I would tell anyone asking this question to go with the American Girl doll. This is for several reasons. For one, you can find many fun accessories (such as furniture & clothing) for the 18" American Girl dolls, however, it is extremely hard to find items to fit the 25" My Twinn. So you are stuck buying only from them which is very expensive. Also, our American Girl dolls have been easier to clean and their hair has stayed nicer.

Consumer Advice Product FinderJuly 24, 2008
Making a No-Sew Sock Baby Doll
Making a No-Sew Sock Baby Doll
Trowel and Garden Gloves
Buying Garden Tools
Taller Toilet
Purchasing a Taller Toilet
Pin Curling an American Girl Doll's Hair