Paint Color to Match My Couch

What color should I paint my living room with a sage colored couch?

Daowens from Bronx, NY

Hi Daowens! You could consider painting the room a very very light sage color ... the same as your couch except with lots of white in it :D Rooms painted green can be quite lovely.

We used a soft brown Sherwin Williams "down home" with our sage green sofa. I have a fun colorful rug and off-white drapes and we love it.

What color should I paint the room with this couch?

Acayu from Texas

Answers:

Paint Color to Match My Couch

I would pick a light color from the light stripe on the couch.Lot depends on how much light comes in the room, and how big the room is. Lighter will make it seem bigger and darker will make it seem smaller. Hope I didn't confuse you too much. (12/16/2005)

By Jan

Paint Color to Match My Couch

I love your couch!

You can use any color from the small prints in your fabric for your walls. Find the color you like best, and that compliments the other things in your room, and have the paint department match it.

Love & Prayers,
Linda (12/16/2005)

By lindaljh1

Paint Color to Match My Couch

It looks like that dark area in your couch is some type of burgundy - I think that would really make your room look rich and cozy. Have fun and Merry Christmas! (12/16/2005)

By Carol Ann from Ida Grove, IA

Paint Color to Match My Couch

I too would pick a color from the light stripe of the couch fabric. Hard to tell from the photo...maybe a sage green, or blue-ish gray. (12/17/2005)

By chris

Paint Color to Match My Couch

Depending on the size of your room, maybe a nice gold color? My living room is a yellow gold and it's very pretty. Here is a photo (12/17/2005)

RE: Paint Color to Match My Couch

Paint Color to Match My Couch

Ty much , I was thinking of a darker color from the couch, like a BRAVE burgundy lol. (12/17/2005)

By Acayu

Paint Color to Match My Couch

I agree with the pale gold. One of the shades from an Italian villa palate would be nice. I think they became popular after the movie, Under the Tuscan Sun. (12/18/2005)

Paint Color to Match My Couch

I think the gold or burgundy would be okay, but what about a sage green? It is difficult to tell from the pic, but looks like there is sage green in your couch. My bedroom is painted this color and my bedspread has both sage, burgundy, gold and tan in it. (12/23/2005)

By Marianne

Paint Color to Match My Couch

Gold would make your room look very warm and rich, sage would be very soothing. May I suggest something to you about your art? I used to be a demonstrator for one of those home decor parties and we would always hang the artwork lower in the living rooms because you are sitting down and it is easier to see that way; bring your artwork closer together to make a grouping, use your hand as a guide about how much space to leave between the pictures. (12/23/2005)

By Paula