Keep Recipes in a Three Ring Binder

I have made a "recipe notebook" out of a 3-ring binder and clear insert pages to hold all my recipes that were loose in my kitchen drawer. I have also written down my recipes "from memory", that I know how to make, but never bothered to write down. This way my girls will have all of Mom's recipes when I'm gone.

By vguy from Earle, AR

A friends young daughter got married a couple of years ago and I printed out some of the families favorites handed down from my grandma. She was really pleased with it. My daughters were always calling and asking how I made some recipe so I made them a book also. Nothing like passing on good homemade recipes. I love them.

This is a good tip and it reminds me that I want to go through my mother's recipes with her and get her rememberences of them (she's 91 and some of the recipes are from my grandmother and great-aunt).

This is a great tip! I've been married 39 years, and one of the few wedding presents still in use in my home (along with the stainless steel mixing bowls) is a vinyl binder made specifically for collecting and organizing recipes. Over the years I've only put the best of the best in it, and by now I have quite a collection! It's also fun to look back at some of the earliest recipes I saved.

I have been doing this for years and now have 5 notebooks! "One of these days" I'm going to sit down and weed out the recipes I know I won't use.

I keep all the recipes that i get online in a three ring binder. I also have a three ring binder with page protectors in it and I keep all my papers and books on things that I buy. For an example VCR,Washing machine,

Blender and any thing else I might need the receipt or book to in the future.

I too have a 3 ring binder of my recipes. I started it about 3 weeks ago. I bought paper with a weathered scroll on it that I print my recipes on. Then I put them in page protectors along with dividers. I am really happy with it I have over 200 recipes so far.

June 5, 2009 Flag

To keep individual recipes filed neatly, I used a 3 ring binder, and fill it with clear page protectors. You can slip any recipe into the sheet protectors, and the plastic keeps your recipe page from getting messy while you are cooking - just wipe clean! I also use divider pages to separate the different categories of foods such as meats, breads, vegetables, desserts, etc.

I have used binders that have a clear pocket on the front into which you can slide a personalized page . These also make inexpensive and thoughtful gifts. I made one for a friend, and put her name on the front in her favorite color. I put a few of my best loved recipes inside, and added some empty page protectors for her to add her favorites.

By Jan from West Blocton, AL

Keep Recipes in a Three Ring Binder

I have been doing this for years, and have started this type of homecooking cookbooks for my grown daughter. It makes it soooo much nicer than having little recipe cards laying around or trying to read the smaller print on them. If you get a lot of recipes online, just print them on printer paper, punch holes in the sheet and add to your notebook or just put them in the clear plastic protector sheets. Plus I add comments to the recipe, and using the larger size pages there is plenty of room to do that.
These make excellent gifts for newlyweds, new homeowners, kids, etc. Thanks for sharing! (03/18/2008)

By Squirrley

Wooden Recipes Box
Organizing Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceJune 5, 2009
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
Making a Paper Clip Ribbon Ring
removing a ring
Removing a Ring That is Stuck on Your Finger
Woman Looking at Shirt Collar
Cleaning Ring Around the Collar
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring