Liquid Smoke Reviews

I am wondering what the best brand of liquid smoke is? What kind do you use?

Thanks,
Ron from LA

Whatever brand you use, remember that you always start out with less and you can always add more. Not vice-versa.

I prefer Figaro Hickory Liquid Smoke and Barbeque Marinade. Not too strong. Sometimes liquid smoke flavorings can be bitter.

Colgin is the ONLY liquid smoke in my opinion! :)

I would refrain from using any type of liquid smoke as it has been known to be carcinogenic (CANCER CAUSING). I am surprised to see that it is still offered in stores for human consumption.

Hi Joesgirl!

Do you have studies to back this up? I did a search and could not find anything. I love a couple of drops of this .... but now I am worried?

Thank you sincerely,

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

I would not worry to much about the carcinogenic properties of liquid smoke, there are FAR more toxic foods at grocery stores, in fact if you have a typical western diet, nearly all those foods are far more carcinogenic than liquid smoke, in fact the FDA just released a list of foods in order of acrylamides (cancer causing chemicals) they contain, and liquid smoke was near the bottom, for example, lipton soup was one of the most carcinogenic foods analyzed. search for "FDA acrylamides" and you should find the study. I now eat a vegan organic diet which practically eliminates your risk of cancer and any other metabolic disease (in fact I had crohn's disease until I started eating healthy, which is well proven to cure crohn's [and all metabolic diseases] in 95% of cases, if you're willing to change your diet that is)

Nope, I still cannot find anything about Liquid Smoke being carcinogenic so I'll happily splash it in my BBQ sauces, etc., as I have always done.

I also add a tiny 1/2 drop to melted butter and brush the steaks as they are grilling. Very good.

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

Liquid smoke is safe to use, as all of the carcinogenic compounds are refracted out of the final product that you find on the store shelfs.

Hi,

I've only ever had the Colgin brand "hickory" one and I love it! Oh and FYI, with liquid smoke, less is more.

I like Wright's Hickory liquid smoke. It doesn't have any additives in it and it's safe. I use it for everything.

I do not eat a vegan diet and I do not have Crohn's disease. I guess this proves that a normal diet does not lead to Crohn's disease. Conversely, it also suggests that Crohn's disease cannot be cured by abandoning a normal diet, since a normal diet does not cause Crohn's disease.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Food and DrinkAugust 1, 2006
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
🎄