OCD Cleaning Advice

I have OCD and my main worry is transfering disgusting things like urine from one place to another. My daughter's diaper leaked on the couch and we washed it with soap and water and used a household upholstry cleaner. There is no smell or visible stain. Do I have to worry?

Rob from Forked River, NJ

There is a product called OdoBan, it disinfects and deodorizes and leaves a nice smell. It is safe for upholstery. I use it on my sheets, my car,trash cans, carpet pretty much everywhere. You can get it at Walmart or buy the concentrate at Sams Club, just make sure to dilute it.

From one Obsessive Compulsive to another, Scrubbing bubbles is a great disinfectant for hard surfaces.

I'm an OCD'r too. I know it's hard but after you've thoroughly cleaned something, try to move on and not worry about it. You've cleaned it the best you could. I'm a freak about germs, dirt not as much, except for bathrooms! My son's friend's dad is a doctor and he said being too clean can be harmful as you can't build up a resistance to germs. He picked up a piece of bread he dropped on the ground and ate it! Don't think I could have done it, though. Take care.

If you can't smell it, it isn't there!

Plain soap and water are good disinfectants. Dont worry about it. Its gone.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceDecember 14, 2006
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Master gardener in a greenhouse.
Get Gardening Advice From a Master Gardener
Cleaning Mirrors
Cleaning Mirrors