Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Plunger Marks in Toilet

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How can I remove black rubber marks left from using an old plunger in my toilet bowl. I've tried Comet, Goof-Off, Bar Keepers Friend, etc. with no luck. Thanks for any help.

Shaun from Lees Summit, MO

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Cheryl (Guest Post) 02/16/2009 Flag

Try dropping two regular alka seltzer tablets in the toliet, let it sit for 20 minutes, then use the brush. Good luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By OliveOyl 602 02/16/2009 Flag

I would like to know the solution because I have the same problem. I've tried almost everything but these black rubber marks remain.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cheryl 1 17 02/16/2009 Flag

Try using two tablets of alka seltzer in the toliet, and let them sit for 20 minutes. That might help. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By rae (Guest Post) 02/16/2009 Flag

Try a pumice stone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Pam 1 28 02/17/2009 Flag

You can get a pumice stone in the comet, bar keepers isle in the grocery store. Drain the water from the toilet bowl, wet the stone an rub the stone on the stain. It comes right off. Works on many things in and around the house!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LEONA LABINE 46 398 02/17/2009 Flag

Try using SOS soap pads, I use them on everything

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By travis in ohio (Guest Post) 02/17/2009 Flag

The best thing I have ever used to clean the bowl is a effervesent tablet. They are used to clean dentures, which are porcelain and do a great job on the bowl. Just drop it in and let it soak awhile. Brush some of the foaming soap over the marks and wait. Good luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 02/17/2009 Flag

I use "the works" toilet bowl cleaner. It works the best give it a try.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes