Plunger Marks in Toilet

How can I remove black rubber marks left from using an old plunger in my toilet bowl. I've tried Comet, Goof-Off, Bar Keepers Friend, etc. with no luck. Thanks for any help.

Shaun from Lees Summit, MO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try dropping two regular alka seltzer tablets in the toliet, let it sit for 20 minutes, then use the brush. Good luck

I would like to know the solution because I have the same problem. I've tried almost everything but these black rubber marks remain.

Try using two tablets of alka seltzer in the toliet, and let them sit for 20 minutes. That might help. Good luck.

Try a pumice stone.

You can get a pumice stone in the comet, bar keepers isle in the grocery store. Drain the water from the toilet bowl, wet the stone an rub the stone on the stain. It comes right off. Works on many things in and around the house!

Try using SOS soap pads, I use them on everything

The best thing I have ever used to clean the bowl is a effervesent tablet. They are used to clean dentures, which are porcelain and do a great job on the bowl. Just drop it in and let it soak awhile. Brush some of the foaming soap over the marks and wait. Good luck

I use "the works" toilet bowl cleaner. It works the best give it a try.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Bottom of Rubber Boot
Removing Rubber Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 16, 2009
Man Holding Plunger
Storing a Plunger
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 14, 2016 at 9:52:37 AM on 10.0.0.174 in 928 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.