Garden: Tiger Lily

The tiger lily, like other lilies, symbolizes the feminine principle reflecting the qualities of mercy, compassion, kindness and unconditional love.

By April from Albany, GA

I've had orange tiger lillies for many decades. They are between my land and the farmer's field of corn in zone 4. They seem to need direct sun and most definitely spread. A problem I've had, though, is that they seem to fall over in one direction, even if there is no wind storm. Any ideas?

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

This picture is of a Canna Lily, not a Tiger Lily.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 26, 2011 Flag

In spite of record breaking heat, to my surprise, these beautiful lilies emerged and lasted a couple of weeks. For the last couple of years they died out and did not make it to full bloom. I guess they made up for it this year.

All but one opened, due to the evil Japanese Beetle that ate right through the buds layers. Nevertheless, it was a pleasant visit I had with my Spotted Tiger Lily.

By DeMay from Missouri

Beautiful tiger lily bloom

CommentLike this photo?Like? Yes
Photos GardenJuly 11, 2011
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
Droopy Peace Lily
Droopy Peace Lily
Peace Lily Not Blooming
Peace Lily Not Blooming
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 2:45:26 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.