Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Preventing Fleas from Moving With You

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I am moving and don't want to take any fleas with me. How can I prevent this?

Julie from Chesterfield, MI

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Judi 18 938 01/07/2009 Flag

De-flea your pets as you're leaving (I recommend Advantage) and make sure your pets bedding, etc, is flealess.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Race against thimerasol (Guest Post) 01/07/2009 Flag

Put a flea collar you buy at the store in your NEW vacuum bag before you move to kill the fleas you vacuum up at your old house.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vicki (Guest Post) 01/14/2009 Flag

We have 4 outdoor dogs, 2 indoor dogs, and 2 cats. My husband buys "permethrin" at the agriculture store or co-op. It's safe for use everywhere. He uses it in the dog kennels, around the kennels, and around the yard. We have never had any fleas, tics, or snakes in our yard. We do walk our dogs around the neighborhood on a leash so we do use advantage in the summer also.

Every month or two he sprays the outside and inside perimeter of our house just like our "bug guy" used to. There were ants and spiders before we moved in. He sprayed before we moved in 2 times. We have had no ants, spiders, or any type of insect. This stuff costs a little but is so worth it! Just make sure that you dilute it according to directions. Works, works, works!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vicki Warren 4 01/14/2009 Flag

We have 4 outdoor dogs, 2 indoor dogs, and 2 cats. My husband buys "permethrin" at the agriculture store or co-op. It's safe for use everywhere. He uses it in the dog kennels, around the kennels, and around the yard. We have never had any fleas, tics, or snakes in our yard. We do walk our dogs around the neighborhood on a leash so we do use advantage in the summer also. Every month or two he sprays the outside and inside perimeter of our house just like our "bug guy" used to. There were ants and spiders before we moved in. He sprayed before we moved in 2 times. We have had no ants, spiders, or any type of insect. This stuff costs a little but is so worth it!!! Just make sure that you dilute it according to directions. Works, works, works!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

01/14/2009 Flag

You might consider using flea bombs in your home that also kill the eggs before packing for the move ... Be sure to follow the manufacturer cautions and have any pilots for gas stove, heating system, hot water heater, etc off ...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes