Toning Down the Kerosene Smell From a Heater

I know it might be a little late in the season for this, but my sister taught me a little trick. If you use a kerosene heater to cut down on heating bills, like we do, and you can't stand the kerosene smell, put a pan of water on top of heater, and the smell will be gone! Sometimes I put in a couple drops of essential oil, and the smell travels through the house, making it smell great!

By Tammy Marie

Thanks! I hate that smell too! Note: I have a carbon monoxide detector, and it has never registered any readings due to the heater. :) Aeromama

Comment

Kerosene Heater
Using a Kerosene Heater
Home and Garden Home Improvement HeatingApril 14, 2005
A woman doing leg curls.
Toning Your Buns and Thighs
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 6:25:22 PM on 10.0.0.237 in 800 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.