Use Microwave as Breadbox

Most of us have a microwave oven in our kitchens. Most of us have a loaf of bread in our kitchens. Where do you keep your bread when you are not using it? Most of us just leave it on the counter. Better place - put it in your microwave oven. Make sure oven is at room temperature. Place the loaf of bread in the microwave. It is out of the way. It is easy to get to when needed. Why hadn't you thought of this before?

By John from Columbus, GA

I have a bread basket. One of my sons gave me a basket with several small potted plants in it. I love baskets and was able to assimilate this one into my kitchen decor. It was the exact size for 2 loaves of bread. I put a quilted placemat in it and it sits on a baker's rack with several other stuff baskets. BTW. He got this for me in the early nineties. A "because you're you" present.

My only concern is that no air can get in and out of the microwave and that the bread might mold.

We keep ours in the fridge. The 2 of us don't eat bread everyday and if the bread wasn't refrigerated, it would get moldy.

Storing Bread
Storing Bread
Food and Recipes StorageJune 1, 2010
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Uses for a Breadbox
Uses for a Breadbox
Quiche Being Served on White Plate
Microwave Quiche Recipes
🎉
🎄