Cleaning Grout

What can I use to clean white bathroom tile? I have 3 bathrooms with white tile and it is very tiresome trying to keep the white caulk between each square tile clean. I have been using a toothbrush to scrub it, but I thought you had a better idea. Please help.

By Onesummer

Best Answer

I know this will sound strange, but my granddaughter sent me 100 ways to use Coke. Cleaning grout was one of them. Just pour a can of Coca Cola on the floor or the counter and wipe it up. Must use the name brand.

Hope this will help.

Best Answer

I have an amazing new cleaner that got my grout white! It's called ZEP Grout Cleaner. It's only sold at Home Depot. I bought a 14yr old house that came with white tiles, and what was supposed to be white grout. I poured some on and used an old brush that's used to clean bird cages. And voila, I have amazing white grout. I'd tried absolutely everything to get this floor clean, and this was the one thing that worked!

Best Answer

Maybe your grout is dirtier than mine, but I just apply some Soft Scrub with a cloth making sure it's covering all the grout. Then I have a glass of tea while it works. I go back after about a half hour and use a stiff brush to scrub. It doesn't take much scrubbing, mostly just a couple or three swipes over each part and it's clean.

Best Answer

I just used hydrogen peroxide on my grout, and it worked. Just put it on, let it sit for a while, scrub it with a small brush (I used a small brush used for your nails) and wiped dry. I was amazed, as it took off lots of grime left by a previous owner of our condo.

Did this it works!!! I did my whole kitchen with a toothe brush. Its amazing!!

Best Answer

I have successfully used vinegar on grout. Pour white vinegar directly onto the grout and let sit a few minutes, then use a scrub brush or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Wipe away excess with a towel. I have found that it's best to clean a small area at a time.

Best Answer

Don't clean it. Paint it. Go to the hardware store in the tub and tile section. They have paint in a bottle that has a roller on it. I think it worked great. And it stayed on a long time.

I have the same problem in my shower and all of the advice that I have found on this site doesn't work. I buy every new tub cleaner that I hear about and nothing has worked.

There is a grout paint at Home Depot or Lowe's that you apply to a small area with an old toothbrush, then wipe over it with a dry cloth to remove the paint from the tile. I did the grout on my bathroom floor with it about a year ago, and it has stayed clean ever since.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for the baking soda and peroxide suggestion. I tried cleaning a small 1 meter area of my floor yesterday with straight bleach and comet. It worked ok but it took 2 hours, my neck, back, and knees hurt. I thought I was going to die from the fumes. I couldn't imagine doing my whole house this way so I found your suggestion and gave it a try. Amazing! I can't thank you enough!

Editor's Note: Be careful not to mix different cleaners together, especially ones containing bleach or ammonia. Many chemicals can combine to create toxic fumes or substances.

Someone cleaning tile grout with a toothbrush.
Cleaning Grout
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomNovember 9, 2010
A handyman replacing floor grout.
Floor Grout Keeps Cracking
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Ceramic Tile Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
🎉
🎄