Removing Pet Poop Odors from Carpet

How do you get doggy diarrhea smell out of your carpet? My carpet is very plush and a neutral color.

By Cindy from Alvin, TX

I use an enzymatic for those bodily waste accidents. I got Petzyme from Petsmart (which I believe is their brand). You should be able to find other brands elsewhere. Best of luck!

Try putting activated charcoal chips, you can find at a hardware store, wrapped in a pair of old stockings (or anything that allows them to breathe) and sit it on top of the area. These are cheap and really absorb odors. Just don't put them directly on the carpet as I would be afraid they may leave a stain.

Listerine and water in a pump spray bottle (use the clear one not tinted blue one) works for all nasty niffs and is anti-bacterial, too! Monique :)

Petzyme and the one I use, Nature's Miracle or the WalMart brand all are basically the same, I think. The enzyme does best removing the odor and not too bad removing the stain. I have had to go to a grocery-store located carpet cleaner with solution in a couple of cases. That worked and was cheaper than getting in a regular carpet cleaner. I feel for both you and your doggie. Animals don't understand and humans would rather do almost anything else than.

I've always had success using equal parts vinegar and water.

Removing Pet Poop Odor from Carpets  0 Layout Assign
Removing Pet Poop Odor from Carpets
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMarch 24, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄