Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner Reviews

Other people's opinion of a tool before you buy it, can help you know whether the it will work for you. This guide is about Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Cleaner reviews.

March 26, 2010 Flag

I would like some feedback on the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. I was thinking about trying it but wanted to hear from those who have used it first. Thanks for your input.

By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have one in every shower. I never need to scrub only wipe the outside of the shower doors. This is a must have product. Yes, go buy one! H

I use these in all my showers too. Scrubbing bubbles is a good one and it does work. Cleaning is a breeze as you just wipe up. It seems to dissolve all the soap residue before it requires scrubbing. I have found to be an excellent product.

Three of my SIL's use them and swear by them. I'm just waiting for them to go on sale and I will have one. Every once in a while there is a $5 off coupon in the paper which was this week so I will have one soon. We have very hard water it will be a real test for it. Will let you all know in a month or so.

http://www.scru  ages/Promo3.aspx

This is a site to get the $5 off for a starter kit and $2 off for refills.

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I found it to be absolutely useless! To say nothing of the fact it ate batteries like mad.

It was given to me as a gift, but I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The refills were more expensive than buying the whole setup.

I also do not like the product because it just doesn't work well. I have a new home and placed it in my new shower-tub and it does eat batteries and the product leaves a sticky residue on the shower area. It also causes my shower curtain to feel slimy. I live alone and my shower doesn't get that dirty so I took it out and threw it away. To Me it's not worth the money I would Not buy it.

I used to have these in both my showers. After a couple of years they started acting weird. Would go off on their own without me pushing the button (bad news when you're in the shower, or the door is open), or wouldn't go off at all even after replacing the batteries. They did a fairly good job of cleaning but I still had to do the scrubbing once a month. I took mine out and don't plan on replacing them.

January 9, 2008 Flag
Product: Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner

Manufacturer: Scrubbing Bubbles - S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.

Request: Does the scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner work?

Judy from Brookings Oregon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I bought 3 we were having good luck then we started having trouble with the batteries going dead after about 6 uses. Unless this can be corrected I think you are wasting your money.

I thought it was a total waste of money.

I only know a few people who have used this product. With the constant release of harmful chemicles in the air over time they suffered from: Chronic headace, insominia, reduced immune system, sinus irritations, dizzyness and MCS - Multiple Chemical Sentisitivy.

Your health is worth more than this product can offer - it should be taken off the market.

I bought one of these units and was happy with it while it worked. Then suddenly it wouldn't do anything when I pressed the button. I found that water got into the unit. It was functional again after it dried for a week or two. I bought a second unit because I thought the first one was a dud. Sure enough it got the same problem after a few months.

If it wasn't such a poor design it would be useful because it did reduce the scum buildup, mold, and mildew in my bath tub.

I have been using the Scrubbing Bubble Automatic Shower Cleaner for about 2 yrs. now in a vacation home bathroom shower. It seems to keep the shower in OK condition without much of any scrubbing except for an occasional spot cleaning of places the solution can't reach. It does really save a lot of work!

I wasted money on batteries though.

My husband and I are retired and we absolutely LOVE scrubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner.

We don't mind replacing the batteries. This product cleans our shower super clean. We never have to do anything but push the button after our shower.

Everyone should have one. I find coupons to help with the purchase of the refills.

I have used mine for over 2 yrs. and nothing else. I have white tile, and white grout, where before I always had yellowing from our hard well water. I love it! Just ran out of the bottle, and last couple days, I already have had to go in and do a quick clean. I really depend on it. No more rust either gathering in the tub area. My daughter has used hers also, and when she just moved, there was no cleaning she had to do, as the tub, and shower areas were all nicely clean, no water spotting at all.

We do use liquid soap, not bar soap, not sure why that would make a differance, but noticed someone else commented on it working better with the liquid soaps. Great product, I have never had problems with the battery getting wet, or no problems at all.

Its a great product that we use for 2 adults.

My septic system has been in trouble ever since I started using the Scrubbing Bubbles. We use it in only one shower and never run more than one cycle each day. I can find no information from SCJohnson on septic tank safety. Has anyone else had a problem?

(Submitted via email)

---------

I bought the automatic shower cleaner and really liked it until it went crazy in the middle of the night. I have only had it about 7 months and now I need to replace it. The cost of the machine is too expensive to need to replace that often. I am not sure if I will buy another one.

Judy C.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningSeptember 22, 2013
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
ScoopFree Automatic Litter Box
ScoopFree Automatic Litter Box Reviews
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 1:16:38 PM on 10.0.0.169 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.