Recipe For Cream Cheese Sandwiches

Does anyone have a recipe for cream cheese sandwiches? My husband takes his lunch to work, but deli meat is getting expensive. Also, I thought it would be nice for him to have something other than ham and cheese every week.

Thanks.

Lisa from Concord, NH

Cream cheese and chopped green olives is great as is cream cheese and jelly. But if you like ham or roast beef, cook them on the weekend and use leftovers for sandwiches -- much, much cheaper than deli meats and better, I think. I make ham salad with leftover ham steak and chicken salad with leftover roasted chicken. (A really easy way to "roast" a chicken is to put the whole washed chicken in a dry crockpot. Add nothing. Just let it cook and you have great cooked chicken meat for recipes.)

I have hens so we have egg salad which is very economical as is something yummy like peanut butter and sliced bananas. There's also tuna but only when it's on sale :)

I forgot: Salami and cream cheese is really tasty! You can also roll cream cheese up into cones of salami for an easy appetizer that everyone seems to love.

I like cream cheese on whole wheat bread with just about anything! Drain and stir in a small can of chopped olives, then spread on the bread. Spread softened cream cheese on bread, then top with sliced, peeled cucumbers and an optional sprinkle of salt. Put the top slice on. Cream cheese is fabulous with strawberry jam! You could also try green olives mixed in the cream cheese, sliced fruit such as bananas or grapes, honey and nuts, onion soup mix or vegetable soup mix. Peanut butter on one slice of bread and cream cheese on the other. Have fun!

Cream cheese and olive is a CLASSIC sandwich. Can be a tea sandwich (with crusts cut off), but for a satisfying lunch, use a variety of breads. I use the green olives (stuffed with pimentos) sliced. Mmmm. A favorite!

This is not cream cheese, but- -how about a scrambled egg sandwich? Just beat the egg (in a bowl or cup, as you would for a scrambled egg. Put it into the skillet and do not sitr it. when it is cooked on one side just flip it and cook on second side. Put onto bread slice, folding edges in to fit and place 2nd slice of bread on top. (Use a little mayo, or salad dressing on bread if desired.) This is a favorite sandwich with my whole family.

Oh, I forgot to mention another favorite. When you make a meatloaf, be sure to make extra (hide some before serving if necessary to save it). Slice the cold meatloaf the thickness for a sandwich, use a little mayo, or sandwich spread of choosing.

I always make at least double meatloaf, as it freezes beautifully. I can either warm it for a full meal or use it to make sandwiches.

I mix 8 oz. package cream cheese, drained 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, and few chopped pecans.

Mama used to make these and they were good. Let cream cheese get to room temp. Add some grated cucumber and mayo and spread on bread. Also used to cut up marachino cherries, little granulated sugar and mayo to use as a spread also. It may not sound good but it is! LOL

Hi,

I'm another person who loves green olives and cream cheese. But I really like it on rye bread with the caraway seeds in it.

X Hubby took vienna sausage sandwiches, and Spam sandwiches.

How about a whole tomato packed with bread with miracle whip on it. Enclose a knife to cut the tomato fresh?

Things depend on how hot the area the food is kept. How about a bagged salad with ingredients bagged separately? Tomato, cucumber, onion, croutons, and dressing? Your choice. Sandwich zip bags could help. No mess for a treat.

The cream cheese and pineapple sounds good. I might use pineapple preserves, or orange marmalade, or strawberry? Use any flavor on the dairy shelf in those little jars or 8 oz tubs.

Good luck

Chopped Olives and Chopped Nuts in Cream Cheese makes a great grilled in butter sandwich.

I just saw this on TV. Mix cream cheese with a little dry Italian salad dressing mix. Spread on bread, top with cucumber slices and a sprinkling of dill weed. Can also skip the bread and just eat the spread on the cucumber slices.

I love tomato sandwiches. I just spread mayo on bread (Hellman's tastes best) and put a thick slice of tomato on it. You can add a slice of cheese if you like. YUM. For packed lunches, I'd slice and pack the tomato separately so the bread doesn't get soggy.

When I was in school, I'd take meat slices (leftover roast works great) with crackers and cheese. It was a nice change from sandwiches. I also give my husband unpeeled cucumber spears (from garden) with a small container of ranch dip. The high water content made it an appreciated treat in the hot weather.

Just make sure he's getting enough protein with lunch! Needs 20 grams or more per meal.

My fave!

Use whipped cream cheese or whip brick style to spreading consistency, spread on his choice of bread, slice olives crosswise so they look like little bulls eyes, lay over cream cheese on bread as many as you like. Press into cheese so they stay in place. Put the other slice on top to make your sandwich. You can vary this by adding ham, or any other lunch meat, one slice does it as this is a rich and yummy sandwich. I think if he doesn't like olives you could try pickles also.

We always ate cream cheese and jelly sandwiches. Prepare them as you would peanut butter and jelly, only use cream cheese in place of the peanut butter.

How about the southern classic pimento cheese spread. Just mix cream cheese and pimento, chopped that you buy in a jar at the market. It is great on sandwiches and to stuff celery as well.

If your husband loves onions, (which I am not very fond of ) a really different and good spread is to soften cream cheese and add extremely finely diced onions to it along with just enough mayo to make it spreadable. The onion needs to be almost mashed up so there is a small amount of juice to add to the cream cheese. Just experiment with the amount until it suits your taste.

My very favorite is cream cheese with crushed pineapple and pecans.

Mine likes salmon with mayo chopped celery & onion or tuna. I also make him chopped meatloaf with pickle, onion & a little ketchup. I like c cheese With chopped apricots cranberries & a tiny bit of brown sugar. Also bacon & egg with tomato.

How about making those onions caramelized?

All you do is peel, slice or dice the onion, then cook over very low heat in a little fat (extra virgin olive oil ok) for a long time (30 mins or more), stirring occasionally, until they take on the color of mahogany (dark brown). This step brings out additional flavor and depth. Can keep in the fridge a day or 2.

I would like to ask "Mama" about how long she cooks her chicken in the crockpot, and is that cooked at high, or low?

Thanks.

There is a restaurant here that makes this sandwich:

cream cheese

thin slice of cucumber with skin

thin slice of tomato

salad

It's surprisingly yummy

A good sandwich is to use turkey and put cream cheese on one slice top turkey with cole slaw. It's great! Send the cole slaw in a separate container so the sandwich won't get soggy. This recipe came from a deli where I worked and it's called a turkey in the straw.

How about putting all these great sounding spreads and meats on a bagle?

Cold Sandwich Recipes
Cold Sandwich Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches AdviceAugust 14, 2007
A piece of carrot cake on plate with cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes
Cream Cheese Brownies
Cream Cheese Brownies
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
🎉
🎄