Looking for Starch for Crocheted Items

I am looking for the starch recipe my mother used on crocheted doilies to make them super stiff and hard. They would not droop during humid weather.

By Luwanna from Xenia, OH

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I use any bottled liquid starch I find at Wal Mart or anyplace similar. It's always worked great for my doilies. I simply pour a small amount into a bowl. I place the doilies in the bowl, and add enough water to cover, mixing for just a few seconds. I allow them to soak for approximately 1-2 minutes, then roll them up in a towel to get most of the moisture out. After that I iron them as usual.

I find I only have to do this about every 4-5 washings, simply using a light spray starch in the meantime.

crochet lace doily on dark wood background
Starching Crocheted Items
Crafts CrochetApril 13, 2011
Starched Shirt
Cleaning Starch from Clothing
starched blue dress shirt
Starching Clothing
Corn Starch
Uses for Corn Starch
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 2:21:55 PM on 10.0.0.234 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.