Belle (Pit Bull Terrier/Boxer Mix)

Belle is an 8 Month Old Pit Bull Terrier/Boxer Mix. I placed this pup and then the person who had it could not keep it since it was too rambunctious for the house. So I asked if I could take the pup myself and the person said Yes. She is since very nicely house trained.

we have a lot of animals and this is easy since they mimic each other in a lot of things. She seems to enjoy making a place to lay down. She is a couch potato for most of the day. When she lays down, she gets her blanket and pushes it around with her nose and makes it like she likes it and then she plops with a loud thud on it.

She does like to run and run and run in the front yard, where there is a circle around the fire pit which I made that is round, and they all run laps, it is so funny. I guess they like circles.

She uses her paws to talk with, and she is very smart, and tries very hard to please. She is right now getting over her impulse to run out the front gate to go visit the dog down the street. I had to start putting a leash on her before I opened the gate. A couple of times, I took a tie out and attached it to the fence, and then I attached that to the leash and let her go. The natural consequences of the quick end of the line was helpful to her in seeing not to dash out the gate.

She loves to learn and we have a clicker. We use it all the time, they really like to be clicker trained. She had a foot and a half puppy leash on when she first came here, and it helped her learn behaviors without formal training. For some reason I use signs and motions and that is how she learned to lay down etc.

She is such a joy and I like to watch her try to chew up food with her big jowls.

By Robyn

Gee, I think our Barney must be Pit/Boxer mix, he looks a lot like Belle. He doesn't so much chew his food as swallow most of it whole. He's a real chow hound and so very sweet.

Boxer Pitbull Mix
Boxer and Pit Bull Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesJune 21, 2010
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull Mix
Pit Bull Mix Photos
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Pit Bull Terrier Information and Photos
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy