Rolly-Pollies in the House (Sow/Pill Bugs)

How do you get rid of rolly pollies in the house? I live in Texas, so it's pretty hot, but the A/C is always running. This is the first time any of us have been hit with rolly pollies. Any suggestions?

By Rita from San Antonio, TX

Answer

First off, let me start by saying a huge thank you for all of the tips regarding mosquito bites. We are eternally grateful. My next question is does anyone have any frugal tips for getting rid of rolly-pollies in the house. We have quite a few, the worst in the downstairs bathtub (none in the tub upstairs, though). I don't like any insects in the house, and even if these rolly-pollies aren't doing any harm (and I don't know if they are), I would rather they stay outside. Any tips would be appreciate.

Donna in KS

Rolly-Pollies in the House

I am not certain if this would work, but it is worth a try. Buy some boric acid powder. It is virtually harmless to humans, in fact it is used for medicinal purposes as well. But we used to sprinkle boric acid powder around our kitchen to keep ants and roaches out. No matter how clean your house is there are ants that are attracted to water and roaches that find their way in. We sprinkled it about once a week or so around the backsplash area, in the drawers and cabinets and under the kitchen sink and around the edge of the floor under the edge of the cabinets. This may work for the rolly polies as well. You could sprinkle it around the edge of your bathroom floor and see if that stops them. (06/04/2004)

By Tawnda

Rolly-Pollies in the House

Use small Dirt Devil like hand held vacuum. I use the Black and Decker 7.2 volt "Dust Buster". It has a great filter on it that will even allow the animal freaks out there to be happy.
(06/07/2005)

By Eric

Rolly-Pollies in the House

Everything I read about rollie pollies says you more than likely have a moisture problem in your house and no matter what chemicals you use to get rid of them they will continue to come back until you solve the moisture problem. (03/20/2006)

By Cristal

This is a very cheap and effective way to control the problem. Simply buy multiple Tomcat house glue pest boards and place them in areas where you see the little pest the most. It won't stop them from getting in, but you can keep them contained and clean up is neat and painless. This is the best solution by far, try it and see. (10/18/2007)

By Betty

Rolly pollies like damp or moisturized places and they breath with their gills so they need to stay in wet places. Try not to make too much water spills or leaks around the house. (09/04/2008)

By Cody

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Housefly.
Keeping Bugs from Coming in The House
Home and Garden Home Improvement Pest ControlJune 26, 2010
Pill Bugs
Getting Rid of Pill Bugs
Empty Pill Bottles
Craft Ideas for Used Medicine or Pill Bottles
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 12:52:46 AM on 10.0.1.167 in 537 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.