Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Removing Burnt Spaghetti Sauce From Pan

I need a solution to clean burned pasta sauce off of a stainless steel pot.

By Susan from Clarksburg, NJ

By Debbie [11]01/09/2010

I haven't personally tried this but I would try one of those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I used it to clean off the gunk build up on my straightening iron and every bit came off. thise things really are magic. I would give it a shot. You just may need a little elbow grease.

By Laura01/07/2010

Hot water and dry dishwasher soap, like a teaspoonful. bring up to simmer for a minute or so let it sit. For a few minutes and it come right out. cleans like a dream. I cleaned my stainless steel electric Farbarware skillet this way just 2 weeks ago. The pan is from the early 60's. It looks beautiful. My husband was flipping out as it was his mothers and it is one of the only things he has left of hers (he is the one who burned the food in it). All Good.

By Mary Reilly01/07/2010

I use Dawn Power Dissolver to get off burnt on anything. Spray it on good, let sit for about 15 minutes and it comes off nice and easy. This is the best product on the market I have found for this purpose and you can get in in many grocery stores.

By Myrna [13]01/04/2010

Spray Easy Off oven cleaner over the area and let sit and skim off with plastic spatula loosened residue. You may need to reapply before all comes loose or finish removal with a bit of elbow grease and scouring pad.

By Sharon [9]01/04/2010

The best thing that works for me when I burn any thing in my stainless steel pans is to put water and plenty of baking soda in the pan and heat to a boil . turn off the heat and let the pan sit for several hours. This will remove burnt on food very easily with little or no hard scrubbing.

By Carrie 01/03/2010

Have you tried steel wool? I would try soaking in vinegar overnight.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Burnt Spaghetti Sauce From Pan

How can I remove burnt spaghetti sauce from a stainless steel pan. I have tried hot boiling water, adding oil to the hot boiling water and now vinegar. Nothing is working. Help.

Pattyb65

RE: Removing Burnt Spaghetti Sauce From Pan

Try putting some water in the pan, add a few drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Bring it to a boil, simmer for about 5 minutes. While it is simmering, use a plastic spatula (pancake turner) and gently scrap the bottom of the pan. Good luck. (04/15/2008)

By Marnita

Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and then scrub it with a scrubby pad. (04/15/2008)

By tthompson

Add a couple teaspoons of salt to a little water in the bottom of the pan and cook it on your stove top. (04/16/2008)

By tms421

Try Easy Off. (04/16/2008)

By Mitra

I put hot boiling water in the pot, add a laundry softener sheet and let it sit over night. It always comes right clean the next morning. Good luck. (04/16/2008)

By Thissie

Do this in garage; do not inhale ammonia fumes. Take a large garbage bag, place pot in bag add little water and 2 cups of ammonia twist and close bag.

Leave in bag 8 to 24 hours. Careful when opening not to inhale fumes. Should be able to remove easily, wash thoroughly when finished. Similar to placing a bowl of ammonia in oven over night. Hope this helps. (04/16/2008)

By Patti

I had luck with putting vinegar in the pot and bringing it to a boil. As it evaporates I kept adding more till I used the whole quart. Then I turned it off and let set overnight. The next day it came off beautifully. This was in my new pressure cooker. I was afraid I had ruined it. I'm still using it now. (04/16/2008)

By Bev

Use a fine steel wool. (04/16/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

Add baking soda and water and let it remain on the stove plate after it is shut off and after a few hours it is easy to clean. Good luck. (04/17/2008)

By Anita

I have had great success with different foods burnt in pans by using Cola. Just put enough cola to cover the bottom of the pan and heat to boiling. Let sit until cooled down and the burn wipes right away. You will see the burnt particles eroding away as the cola begins to boil. Good luck. (04/18/2008)

By Jo50mom