Photo Tiles Craft

I belong to a Red Hat Society and I would like to make photo tiles 4x4 for each member with their photo. Any idea on how to do this?

Thanks,
Johnnetta from Clayton, NJ

Answers

Best Answer

Hi, I just did this for my family for Christmas. There are 2 ways. A friend of mine used card stock, and regular modge podge. A layer underneath and a layer on top. The lines were very obvious from the brush, so she made designs with the brush, waves, diagonal lines, etc. I think she put a layer on top too. She also tore the edges of the card stock and printed in b+w to give it an antique look.

I used photo paper, and hard coat modge podge. My lines were also obvious, but not as obvious as hers. I also made designs with my brush to make it look intentional. After I adhered my photos to the tiles, I gently sanded the edges of the photo (with a fine grit sanding sponge) for a distressed look. I also printed in b+w. I cut the photos to almost the edge of the tiles before I glued them down. My friend left a little over 1/4 inch border around her photo. Don't forget the little felt pads underneath the tile if you intend on them for coasters. Good Luck.

collection of photos
Making Photo Tiles
Crafts AdviceDecember 1, 2006
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Decoupage Box
Decoupage Craft Ideas
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
Tile Craft
Crafts Using Tiles
🎉
🎄