Looking for Containers Similar to 20 Pound Cat Litter Jugs

Where can I purchase the plastic containers used to sell the "Tidy Cat" brand of litter in the 20lb size? I just want the bottle with the cap. Thanks.

By the hunter from Grand Rapids, MI

First, I would talk to the animal shelter and/or any kennels that board cats. They may be happy to share, or let you have them for a small fee. Worse comes to worse, you could buy the kitty litter, and donate it to the local animal shelter with the understanding that you would like the containers when they're done. It would be a good deed; and possibly tax deductible.

You could try posting an ad on Craig"s List in your area. You just might come back with more jugs than you can handle!

I don't know about that exact size... But from past experience, I've found that you can buy most any empty container on the Internet. Try searching under plastics & also with the sized of the container you are looking for. For example: "large 2 gallon plastic container with lid".

You can get free 1 gallon plastic or glass jars by asking at many restaurants. Just go to around to restaurants during the time they are not busy (between lunch & dinner around 3 or 4:PM) & ask if they can please save these large jars for you & tell them you'll check back every week or two. The first time they give you some, show your appreciation by giving them an inexpensive but nice gift like a potted live plant so they know how much you appreciate their effort, this way they will continue to save them for you. Most gallon jars are plastic these days, but peppers & a few other items still come in glass.

To get large opaque white containers without a handle you can go to the gym & ask bodybuilders for their large protein supplement containers. These come in all sizes. Just remove the shrunk-wrapped label with a knife, they are usually plain white plastic underneath. I use them all the time!

* On Craig's list (like Cricketnc suggested) I've found pretty good success by posting in the "Barter & Trade area". Also, you'd be surprised at what you can find listed on e-bay!

I would go on Freecycle. You can sign up with a local group. Ask if anyone uses that type of cat litter and usually people are kind enough to respond because most people seem to like re-using and recycling items. You should receive some replies.

You could also place a request on the bulletin board of local grocery stores. If I saw that request I would most certainly call you to donate one to you.

By the way, Hello Grand Rapids! I lived there for sixteen years (until two years ago) near College Hill :-)

Ask your friends and neighbors who have cats.

Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 6, 2010
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Reusing Cat Litter Buckets
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
Banana Pound Cake
Banana Pound Cake Recipes
🎄
🍂