Hepa Filter for Vacuum

We were given a sweeper as a gift, it requires those hepa filters to be replaced. I have been putting it off because it is $20 or more for one filter. It is very dusty. Does anyone have a cheaper solution? Thank You in advance

While it is probably good to replace them every so often, I typically use a "can of air". They are used for cleaning/blowing out computers and keyboards since you cannot really do it in small places with cloths etc. They are not terribly expensive and they last quite a long time. Basically they blast pressured air out of a thin long tube. It has done wonders cleaning my hepa filter until replacement time.

I use a stiff brush to dislodge the dust. It seems to work. If the paper is broken, it will need to be replaced, however.

or vacuum it outside. or use vacuum at the car wash car wash.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsSeptember 14, 2004
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Changing Your Refrigerator Water Filter
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Furnace Filter
Changing a Furnace Filter
Well Water
Cleaning A Well Water Filter