Tissue Paper Roses

Could you please help me figure out how to make the tissues roses you mention on the site?

Thanks,
Patti Anderson from Victoria BC

I seem to remember to cut out heart shapes and then the pointed end is attached to the "stem". My son and I made BIG ones and sorta loose, they looked more like peonies. We used shades of pink and white, they turned out really nice.

I took a green twist tie (also a green pipe cleaner could work) and cut an 8" (or longer) x 1" strip of thin red (gift?) paper. This is almost as thin as tissue but just a bit thicker and sturdier... I'm not sure what the proper name for it is. I wadded up the strip so that it would be more malleable, then un-wadded it. I folded the strip (so that if/when unfolded it makes a zig-zag...), I poked a hole through the layeres of paper with the sharp point of a scissors. Then unfolded the strip and threaded the twist tie (after crimping the tip of it so it goes through easier) through all the holes made by the scissors, still folding the strip back into the compressed (zig-zag) pattern over one end of the twist tie. Then I made a small/tight hook shape at the end of the tie. It should be big enough to prevent the paper (petals) from coming off from the top, and the 'hook' is used this way.... :-) Twist the twist tie so that the hook grabs the paper in the middle. Keep turning it but don't let the outer/bottom part of the paper turn. You can see a familiar pattern forming. It looks like a rose. :-D Keep twisting till you're satisfied on how it looks. Then tape the bottom of it to secure it. If you've got the green floral tape... use that.

I was wanting to fold a Kawasaki Paper rose but just couldn't get it done. I kept working with the paper and twist-ties. Then I found the answer. I'm going to make a small bouquet for a certain girl I like. :-) Maybe I can still try to make that Kawasaki Rose for a little rose vase for all the other littler roses. :-D

Editor's Note: We'd love to see a picture of this!

Making Paper Roses
Making Paper Roses
Crafts Valentine's DayNovember 16, 2005
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Colorful Tissue Paper
Cleaning Tissue Paper Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄