Donating Used Stuffed Animals

I have a lot of stuffed animals my grandchildren do not play with and would like to donate them to some needy children in my area. Anyone know where I can donate these?

Ron from Warrington, PA

Our Goodwill will not take toys, and the hospital only wants brand new toys with tags. But I understand that Habitat for Humanity runns a transitional housing program for folks trying to get back on there feet. They would take them. I know that Salvation Army will as well. Some churches and police departments will but you have to call around.

The hospitals, nursing homes, daycare nurseries and preschools.

Police and Firemen like to have these to give to children who are victims.

Hi,

I live in forest hills, queens, so if you're near me, I can pick them up and I'll take care of mailing them out. Thank you. I noticed on your list that you have stuffed animals for free. I'm collecting them and sending them to a children's charity called Loving Hugs located in Littleton, CO.

I'm in New York city but I'm finding that if people can't find someone to take them they tend to throw them out (most places want them new, since it's an item that children become very close to).

Ii found out about them when I was randomly looking for a place to take my son's stuffed animals. While I was at it, I asked around and after a week had over 225 stuffed animals which are in 3 large boxes and ready to go out Mon. I had to pay shipping but it was fairly reasonable).

This organization will clean them and then donate them to children around the world. For more information, please click on the link below. Good luck

Thanks

Wendy L. Clark

Executive Director,

Loving Hugs, Inc.

www.lovinghugs.org

(303)948-0552

Hey, I'm MJ, I'm Iraqi Engineer, I work for the United States Army Corps of Engineers in Iraq, I supervise the infrastructure re-construction projects in Mosul city at Ninewa province. I visit the project sites all the time which are mostly located inside villiages (Mostly christian & Yezidy religion) villages where hundreds of kids are gathering around our trucks asking for gifts. Can you help me out with some stuffed animals? Kids will really appreciate it. I live in a US base and I have APO address. I will send you pictures frequently for the kids getting your stuffed animals once you start sending me those. Awaiting for your reply. email: muthnna.juma@gmail.com

I'm trying to contact the Iraqi Engineer so I can donate my daughters soft toys. I tried his e-mail and it did not work. Can anyone help me?

My daughter is turning 12 in April and no longer has the desire of looking at stuffed animals anymore. They have been sitting on several shelves,on canopies hanging from her ceiling and she just want to donate them. I work for the Salvation Army, but they won't accept stuffed animals. I don't want to throw them out due to them never being used.If someone can tell me where to donate them in Philadelphia PA I would greatly appreciate it. I have all different sizes.

I am with SAFE. They collect stuffed animals for needy kids. There are chapters all over the US. Here is the link www.stuffedanimalsforemergencies.org

Hi, my name is Edmay Mayers and I was deployed with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), GRS in Tallil, Iraq (near the town of Nasiriyah) for 22 months from Nov 05 to Sep 07. I started a program for the children of Iraq with the help of Ash Dornfest, Parenthacks.com. She and I were in contact and she called the program "Spread the Word." We recieved so many toys, school supplies, shoes and clothes for the children of Iraq that I was given a conex to store them in. The people were so generous and kind. I left GRS in Sep of 2007. Friends of mine, Mike Fellenz and a few others took over the program for me. It is still ongoing in the South (GRS) and Mike has taken it to Mosul. I have now returned to Iraq and am deployed for USACE, GRN in Kirkuk, Iraq. I certainly would love to have the program started here too. So, if anyone could possibly spare some "gently" used toys, clothes or whatever items, the children of Kirkuk would certainly appreciate it.

My address is: Edmay P. Mayers, USACE-GRN-KAO, FOB-Warrior-Kirkuk, APO, AE 09359.

Thank you and God bless. /Edmay

Profile under Kacismaymay

I am the director of the Teddy Bear Brigade a program of Gleaning for the World, a 501c.3 non-profit located in Central VA. We accept new and gently used stuffed animals for distribution as humanitarian aid or disaster relief to children in developing countries. For more information visit our website at http://gftw.org/current-projects/teddybearbrigade/. Stuffed animals can be shipped to our warehouse at:

Gleaning for the World

Att: Teddy Bear Brigade

7539 Stage Road / P.O. Box 645

Concord, VA 24538

Thanks, Chris Ellis

Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Donating Used Stuffed Animals
Better Living CharityJanuary 8, 2009
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage, Raccoon Scavenging Garbage
Keeping Animals Out of Your Garbage
Finished duck.
Making Stuffed Animals
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Crochet Stuffed Animals
Making Crochet Stuffed Animals
🎉
🎄